Part-time, remote pharmacist side hustles...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelaNix12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any remote, part-time side hustles where I can work at home at my own pace? I currently have a full-time, cushy remote job and am looking to make a little bit of cash during my downtime. I'm thinking something similar to AspenRx (but not AspenRx lol). Anyone know of any thing like this for someone with an IN pharmacist license?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Please tell us what kind of cushy remote job you have?! Are you on the phone all day? Unfortunately all I know of is Aspen 😂

Reactions: 3 users
Please tell us what kind of cushy remote job you have?! Are you on the phone all day? Unfortunately all I know of is Aspen 😂
From what I have seen, most remote pharmacist jobs are heavily phone based, especially anything involving patient consultation like my job . My job is a phone remote position and even though I am talking to patients all day, I consider it very cushy compared to retail pharmacy . I believe prior authorization remote jobs don’t involve nearly as much phone work though . In phone jobs, you take it one call at a time and it can be very pleasant if you’re educating someone on their meds or explaining something so it’s not stressful in comparison to retail where you are multi-tasking and being bombarded from all directions . I would say anything beyond retail is pretty cushy .

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know of any remote, part-time side hustles where I can work at home at my own pace? I currently have a full-time, cushy remote job and am looking to make a little bit of cash during my downtime. I'm thinking something similar to AspenRx (but not AspenRx lol). Anyone know of any thing like this for someone with an IN pharmacist license?

Is your place hiring?

From what I have seen, most remote pharmacist jobs are heavily phone based, especially anything involving patient consultation like my job . My job is a phone remote position and even though I am talking to patients all day, I consider it very cushy compared to retail pharmacy . I believe prior authorization remote jobs don’t involve nearly as much phone work though . In phone jobs, you take it one call at a time and it can be very pleasant if you’re educating someone on their meds or explaining something so it’s not stressful in comparison to retail where you are multi-tasking and being bombarded from all directions . I would say anything beyond retail is pretty cushy .
Yeah I get what u mean. It’s hard to do call centers with a child if you’re the main caretaker, so I guess PA would be cool but I don’t even know what those rphs do… decide whether meds get approved or not? It’s so hard to get in anyway, so many applicants

We obviously need more jobs that cater to helicopter parents’ every whim…I mean what if we miss one of many of little Jimmy’s recitals? First world Breeder problems
You don’t even know how old my baby is… not sure why you have your panties in a bunch. You sound bitter.

Chill, it’s an on going battle/source of comedy on this forum…”breeders” vs “non breeders”. Props to whoever coined the categories
Oh gotcha, got offended for a sec because my kid is a baby who definitely needs supervision, and I also don’t breed like animals 🤪 most likely just going to have one 😂

following because I am looking for something I can do on my own time and my own pace around my current schedule. Looking to reduce my FTE so I can work more when I want and less when I don't - ya - I know pipe dream.

Just signed up to do AspenRx. Almost completed with the training. The reason I was talking sh** about it is because the reviews on these message boards are horrible. But I figure if I can complete just 2 MTM's every weekday for a year...thats like $20,000 extra. I don't want to work weekends either lol

Just signed up to do AspenRx. Almost completed with the training. The reason I was talking sh** about it is because the reviews on these message boards are horrible. But I figure if I can complete just 2 MTM's every weekday for a year...thats like $20,000 extra. I don't want to work weekends either lol
definitely let us know how it goes- I have read that people have said you have to make like 50 calls often to get one person to answer and do the MTM

definitely let us know how it goes- I have read that people have said you have to make like 50 calls often to get one person to answer and do the MTM
Yikes. I would have hoped that there would be someone who would schedule the mtm session for you. I also remember when I did retail there would be a lot prep work prior to a mtm.

So basically the same as those stupid CVS refill request phone calls?

From my experience during the slow times at MTMs where we would manually outbound, that’s on par with the field. At the end of the year it was more like 75-100 calls for one case.