Part-Time Salary - What to ask for

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKTXPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I practiced outpatient physical therapy for eight years, then moved and took time off while my kids were small. Was continuously licensed, but not actively employed for seven years. Then went back to school and got my DPT and an advanced certificate in women's health PT. Now looking at going back to work part time. Have been offered a job in an outpatient clinic, and was asked to submit my salary requirement. The job will offer no benefits, hourly compensation only. I have no idea even a ballpark figure of where to start negotiations. Any part-time PT's out there that can help me out? I am practicing in a suburban area of the DFW metroplex in Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Per diem going rate is 48-65/hr. Does the position require weekend coverage? How big is the facility? What’s your patient caseload? Will you be supervising a PTA or Aide? What other responsibilities?

I agree with above. I'm a new grad working part time in the midwest and started at $48. Sounds like you could push higher with your experience