Part-time Tele work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsarainbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a current resident and will be applying for a pain fellowship. I want to practice neuro part time and was wondering how many shift requirements would be considered for a part time position? My ideally work week would be 4 days of pain a week and 1-2 tele neuro shifts (so maybe 6 shifts total?). Would tele companies let me work at this low number of shifts? What would compensation look like? Will it be $/hr or $/consult? How many hours (eg can I choose between 4 hour or 8)? Can I do tele-stroke work without a vascular fellowship? Any other ideas on how to continue to work part as a neurologist with the above set up? I don't want to lose all the knowledge and skills from residency. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea you can do it. Many people do this, including me. Most Tele-companies require minimum 7, 12 hour shifts. One of them used to allow 4, 12 hour shifts, mostly on the weekends or night shifts. You can add more shifts on top of that, sometimes 6 hour ones. This was couple years ago, best option is reaching out to them, should be very clear.
We've had long threads recently about Tele in previous posts. Expect around $1000-$1200/shift as a base and then extra on top depending on number of patients you see. $1800/shift is a reasonable number.
You typically don't need a fellowship.

Check the other (numerous) threads.

Hello,

I'm a current resident and will be applying for a pain fellowship. I want to practice neuro part time and was wondering how many shift requirements would be considered for a part time position? My ideally work week would be 4 days of pain a week and 1-2 tele neuro shifts (so maybe 6 shifts total?). Would tele companies let me work at this low number of shifts? What would compensation look like? Will it be $/hr or $/consult? How many hours (eg can I choose between 4 hour or 8)? Can I do tele-stroke work without a vascular fellowship? Any other ideas on how to continue to work part as a neurologist with the above set up? I don't want to lose all the knowledge and skills from residency. Thank you.
Can I message you privately about applying to pain fellowship as a neurology resident ?