Part-time work for medical students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ambientbaby

What am I doing?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyway to make some extra cash during clinical years of medical school? It seems like we're qualified to do something.

Members don't see this ad.

When I took Kaplan for the MCAT, one of my teachers was a third year medical student.

Does anyone know of anyway to make some extra cash during clinical years of medical school? It seems like we're qualified to do something.

I'm an MSII and I work (prn) as an EKG/tele tech. Prob will depend on the willingness of the hospital to hire and 'train' someone who will only stick around for a year or so.

Members don't see this ad :)

If you go to a med school that does a lot of research, I'm sure you could earn a fair amount of dough as a guinea pig for the various projects -- you know, a sleep study here, a cardiac study there ... It adds up.

Certainly not all year long. I'm not exagerating when I tell you I'm working 13 hours every day right now, 6 days a week plus call days. You couldn't possibly expect to hold a job on top of that.

Sperm or egg donation - fun and time efficient! ;)

Sperm or egg donation - fun and time efficient! ;)

Egg donation is fun and time efficient? I heard it wasn't as fun as it could be. Certainly not as fun as sperm donation, by default.