Partial CC Credit for Dental Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juliana319

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a freshman at a four year university studying Business, however, I just decided that I want to pursue a career in Dentistry. I feel as though Business will be a good major for Dentistry if I decide to open up a practice one day. I am looking to take Chemistry 1 and Biology 1 this summer (so that I can stay on track for my business major) at my local community college for financial reasons, and then transfer them over to my university. I plan on taking the remainder of the prerequisite courses at my university. I have a competitive GPA (3.9) and am involved with many extracurriculars, and plan to get involved in my school's dental society as well as shadow. I was just wondering if taking these two courses at a community college will hurt my applications in the future, and I am trying to decide this before I pay for them. I read conflicting opinions on other threads, but was just wondering if anyone could shed some insight.

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would research the schools you would like to apply to and see if they accept community college credits. Some are fine with it, others can be quite picky. If I were you I would try to take all of your prereqs at a 4 year college just to keep all of your options open.