Dual Enrollment College Credit from High school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentati

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding my transcripts. In high school I enrolled in a dual enrollment program for my AP chem class and got college credit for my 2 gen chem classes (B/B+). In my undergrads I took accelerated gen chem and got C- and C. I’m wondering if I’ll need to retake my gen chem sequence because schools will not accept my dual enrollment credit and I had bad grade in accelerated gen chem?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What did your prehealth advisor say? Definitely the C-minus needs to be taken again, but it would be interesting what your registrar/college's policy is.
I graduated last year, but I never asked my advisor about this. I am emailing schools about it but some of them are unsure.

If you got dual enrollment credit for chemistry you shouldn’t have had to take it again? I got dual enrollment for calculus and didn’t have to take it again, I got 4 college credits for it and it’s on my transcript, separate from AP which are considered transfer credits and don’t have a grade.

I’m almost wondering if you should retake the courses at a community college if schools are unsure of the credits. If there’s a grade attached to the dual enrollment course it should count, APs shouldn’t have a grade attached on your transcript and schools are particularly concerned about your sciences, I scraped by with my AP Lit credit along with upper division science writing intensives for my English/language prerequisite but most schools won’t accept AP sciences from what I’ve seen. I would continue asking schools and try to clarify and see what they have to say, but if it seems unclear I would just retake.

Status
Not open for further replies.