• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

medicalCPA

Actually, it's medicalCPA, PhD now
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2007
NYC, Baby!
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I want to ask something that's been bugging me lately. Can/Do pharmacists form partnerships? I've heard of a group of pharmacists opening a store together, but is it possible for a single person to form partnerships with several different groups pharmacists and be a silent partner in several different pharmacies? Does this even work? Why or why not?

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
If by partner you mean part owner of a pharmacy, then sure, pharmacists do that all the time. You don't have to work at the pharmacy you own if thats what you mean by "silent" partner. As far as owning multiple pharmacies, sure, how much capital do you have?;) Outside of owning a retail pharmacy, I do know of a few pharmacists that have opened non-dispensing pharmacies that do disease state management, consulting, and MTM. This would be much rarer than the retail pharmacy situation and there might not necessarily be as much money (profit) involved.

About the Ads

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
too many greedy people to get involved...the ones that are not greedy would never sign up for this due to the risks associated with it...

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I don't necessarily agree that only greedy people would be interested in forming partnerships to create new pharmacies. That translates to me as all business owners are greedy and thats just not true.

medicalCPA

Actually, it's medicalCPA, PhD now
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2007
NYC, Baby!
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
too many greedy people to get involved...the ones that are not greedy would never sign up for this due to the risks associated with it...

...But greed is always a threat in any kind of business venture involving more than one person.

fungikid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
In Canada, only pharmacists can be owners of Shopper Drug Mart chain stores.

Requiem

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
In Canada, only pharmacists can be owners of Shopper Drug Mart chain stores.

There's no partnerships though, they're called Shoppers Associates and go through a training program... they essentially open up a franchise.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.