Quantcast

PA's vs CRNA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scotty6278

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Certainly I realize that we have chatted about the CRNA issue in anesthesia quit a bit. For the record I do feel that CRNAs do a great job. The one question that I would have is why in anesthesia is there a "fear" of having the CRNAs "take jobs away from the MDA" or "decrease the MDA salaries" but this does not seem to be an issue for the IM or Ped. In other words isn't a PA or NP to the internist as a CRNA is to the MDA. There is not talk about PAs or NPs causing lower IM salaries. Now granted a group may decide to hire a PA or NP vs an MD but my point is there doesn't seem to be nearly the concern that there is in anesthesia....am I making a poor comparison or are we just going too far in anesthesia? Thanks for any thoughts

doc_strange2001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think every specialty has its mid level provider gripes/debate. See the general residency forum and the "Doctor of Nursing Practice" thread for example

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.