Pass/Fail a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke2121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Meh, if you had a good excuse it probably wouldn't look bad. But if your excuse is, "Oops, I hadn't realized I already had all my math requirements. So, I decided to do a pass/fail. That way, I wouldn't have to work for a class I didn't need." Well, that isn't a good excuse. It makes you look like you didn't plan your schedule well AND would rather take the easy way out than buckle down and get the A. If it isn't going to give you a C, I'd advise that you keep it listed as a graded class.

What if my excuse is just..."I wanted to take another enriching math course, so I took vectors knowing I met the requirements". I'm pretty sure I could get a B, B+ in the class, I just don't want it to bring my gpa down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you should be fine if you already took the required math classes. I've audited and done pass/fail for a few reasons. The audit was I was interested in the subject but I was studying abroad so I wanted to have a lighter schedule (to travel and stuff) and it was an elective. The pass/fail is this semester and my reason is I needed to clear up time to study for the MCAT/have a very overwhelming schedule that was not meant to be overwhelming. I feel like I could pull a B+ or even A in the class, but it's a lot of extra work so I need to know if I can't put 100% effort into another busywork assignment, I'll be ok.