Pass-fail class required for minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarsus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
At my undergrad, taking a class pass/fail would not count as credit for a major or minor. If your asking if med schools will care, they won't.

I've searched the forum for this before, but can't seem to find a consensus about it, other than that it's not acceptable to take pre-req classes P/F. I'm doing a music minor, and I'm taking a music history class right now. The professor is notorious for giving low grades - probably 2 or 3 students get an A each semester. This is a 3 credit class of my 14 credit courseload, which includes biochem, histology, and a comm class required by my university for all majors. I also work about 25 hours and do another 3-5 hours of EC stuff each week. I have a cumulative GPA of about 3.85, and I'm graduating in December. Would it be frowned upon to take this course pass-fail?
when you hear people on this forum saying its not acceptable to take pre-reqs P/F, they're referring to your PRE-MED pre-reqs (i.e. chem, bio, orgo), not pre-reqs for your major/minor

so no, taking your music class P/F will not be frowned upon