pass/fail grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GH253

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do med schools look upon pass/fail grades? Do they see it as a delibeate attempt to avoid getting a bad grade reported?

Members don't see this ad.

How do med schools look upon pass/fail grades? Do they see it as a delibeate attempt to avoid getting a bad grade reported?

Not necessarily. It is all in the context of your education. If the rest of your GPA is fine, and it's not full of withdrawals or incompletes / etc., then I think it is fine and in some cases admirable. You may be really interested in astrophysics, but an art history major. P/F would be a good way to take astrophysics. No one has time to scrutinize your transcript. Reviewers have, maybe, a minute, so just focus on GPA.

Not necessarily. It is all in the context of your education. If the rest of your GPA is fine, and it's not full of withdrawals or incompletes / etc., then I think it is fine and in some cases admirable. You may be really interested in astrophysics, but an art history major. P/F would be a good way to take astrophysics. No one has time to scrutinize your transcript. Reviewers have, maybe, a minute, so just focus on GPA.

I agree with what is said above. I would also add that you should never take a required pre-req (i.e. organic/general bio/etc...) for P/F

If you pass it doesn't count towards GPA, but what if you fail?