Pass/Fail Orgo Lab Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twirlonwater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking Orgo along with the lab. I am doing very well in the course, and I like it a lot. However, I am beginning to struggle slightly in the 1 credit lab course. I am very worried about getting a B or an A- (I know that I am being slightly overcautious). I am seriously considering P/F it this semester and retaking it next year. Would the grade I get the second time count since the first time was a P/F. I know about the general averaging, yet I wonder how it works with P/F. Does anyone have any advice?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently taking Orgo along with the lab. I am doing very well in the course, and I like it a lot. However, I am beginning to struggle slightly in the 1 credit lab course. I am very worried about getting a B or an A- (I know that I am being slightly overcautious). I am seriously considering P/F it this semester and retaking it next year. Would the grade I get the second time count since the first time was a P/F. I know about the general averaging, yet I wonder how it works with P/F. Does anyone have any advice?

Can you actually do that? Seems a bit like an unfair advantage to take a class once, then repeat it for an easy A.

I would just continue with the lab. Work for the A. If you don't get it, it is a one credit course with little effect on your gpa.

Seriously?! You're worried about getting an A- or a B in a 1 credit lab course? You really think this will tank your chances at med school?! Really...?

Go die in a fire.

Members don't see this ad :)
P = No effect
F = 0.0
A B isn't going to kill you. Its better to move on with your life and take orgo 2 and get an A in that.

I am beginning to struggle slightly in the 1 credit lab course.

There was a thread somewhere on here about faking your data for a better grade. Have you considered doing that instead of dropping the class? Seriously though, just do your best. Getting a B won't significantly change your chances of going to medical school.

i always thought it said worse about you when you can't bear the thought of a little imperfections than accepting a few B's and moving on with your life. Also are you allowed to take any of your pre-req's pass/fail? I forget.