Pass Fail Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DominusAnulorum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I am debating whether or not to pass fail and retake physics. I currently have a low B in the class and am struggling to keep up. I never had physics in higschool and took UT's more difficult level of physics , on top of biochemistry and a job and an officer position on the student health advisory committee. I am probably going to make a B+ in biochemistry and I already have three B's (bio 2, ochem 2, and bio lab). I think I can make an A in the other physics as I Will be less busy but I cannot drop as I need to be a full time student for Plan II. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Im pretty sure you cant do p/f for pre reqs

Members don't see this ad :)
You minunderstood. I'm planning on pass failing an upper level physics and taking the level appropriate for my background.

As the title says, I am debating whether or not to pass fail and retake physics. I currently have a low B in the class and am struggling to keep up. I never had physics in higschool and took UT's more difficult level of physics , on top of biochemistry and a job and an officer position on the student health advisory committee. I am probably going to make a B+ in biochemistry and I already have three B's (bio 2, ochem 2, and bio lab). I think I can make an A in the other physics as I Will be less busy but I cannot drop as I need to be a full time student for Plan II. Thoughts?

Why would you take a "more difficulty level of physics" if you have never taken Physics before? Further, your posts are very confusing, I would seriously work on your grammar and syntax prior to applying to medical school. Is the class you are in an upper level class or is it an intro class?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, looking back on that post I realize that my syntax is awful. I typed it on my phone in the middle of a two-hour advising session, so it isn't my best work. Let me start over.
I am a Plan II junior at the University of Texas with a 3.67 overall gpa. My school offers two different levels of physics: calculus based and algebra based, with the calculus based class much more challenging. I never took physics in high school, but I thought I would be able to pick it up fairly quickly. I also underestimated the amount of time I would have to dedicate to my officer position and my job. As a result, I am currently at a B in the class. I am looking at making a 3.4 gpa overall this semester, if my current testing trends continue. This will bring my gpa down to a 3.53 or so. I still have a semester to bring it back up, but I will still be busy with ecs next semester and I do not currently feel very confident in my ability to bring it back up in the spring.
However, if I pass/fail the class, my gpa will suffer a bit less. I am fairly confident that I can make an A in the algebra-based class, as I took a practice test from the class and did very well. But if y'all think that the hit to my gpa is survivable, or that it would be better to take the hit then p/f and re-take the class, then I will just finish it out and try my best next semester.