Pass/Fail Physio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplyjas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I searched around the forums, and i couldnt find anyone asking about pass/fail for a sicence class...everyone talks about it for GE's, non-science, etc.

Well, Im taking physiology, an upper division biology class at my school, pass/fail, and was wondering if I made the wrong decision. I expected to be completely overwhelmed this semester (mcats, other science classes, volunteering,research) and wanted a class that i could take for fun. I WON'T be using it for my major credit. I have a 3.85 science/ 3.85 overall GPA.

should i worry about explaining why I took physio as pass/fail? I asked a number of advisors, and got mixed answers. Any help is much appreciated.

worst thing is, im doing really well in the class...haha.
thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

You're getting mixed answers because, well, it's sort of an iffy thing. With a great GPA, I doubt anyone will care too much unless you have a long track-record of P/F classes. If this is your only one, definitely don't worry about it. Even if you have several, your 3.8+ GPA should make up for it as long as you've taken other rigorous science courses for a grade.

You're getting mixed answers because, well, it's sort of an iffy thing. With a great GPA, I doubt anyone will care too much unless you have a long track-record of P/F classes. If this is your only one, definitely don't worry about it. Even if you have several, your 3.8+ GPA should make up for it as long as you've taken other rigorous science courses for a grade.

Thanks for the advice. it is the only one, but i figured since it was in a subject that was so integral to medicine, it would be looked upon differently. Oh well, I'll stop stressing about it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends how many units that gpa is based off of.

Why didn't you just audit the class if you wanted to take it for fun?

It depends how many units that gpa is based off of.

Why didn't you just audit the class if you wanted to take it for fun?

Thats a good question. I still wanted the hours to count towards the overall credit requirement at my university, just not towards major credit. Plus, the decision was made at the last second...bad, i know.

As for the GPAs listed above, I'm a junior, so the overall is about 96-100 credits worth and the science is roughly 60-64.
THe class is worth 4 credits