pass/fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what schools are pass/fail..............if you know of any, it would be greatly appreciated if you could list them......

thanks

nero

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-Clinical Years:

Mount Sinai :love:
Yale

that's all i can think of right now, but i know there are lots more...

I know Penn State uses a Pass/Fail system, including Honors, High Pass, and Low Pass (? I think). Which basically translates into letter grades but makes you feel better nonetheless. I can't remember the % point breakdowns but you can find it on their website somewhere. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern is P/F for the first two years and then H/P/F for the clinical years.

if you're interested in having all this information at your fingertips, i suggest getting the Princeton Review's Big Book on Medical Schools...

The University of Miami is P/F for the pre-clinical years, but if a professor gives you a numerical score in the course then that is also included on your transcripts. How this can be P/F is beyond me.:confused: The third year is not P/F (they give you only numerical scores), and the fourth year is strictly P/F (no numerical scores reported).

Case is true P/F for the first two years, but not clinicals.

pcl's a Case med student, though i dont know who he/she is :confused:

Pretty sure UConn is p/f (pre-clinical years)

I don't know offhand which schools are pass/fail, but I'll second the suggestion to buy the Princeton Review Big Book on Medical Schools. It's got this information on every med school in the US and Canada.

U Chicago is true P/F [no class ranking pre-clinical] :D

not sure which schools are, but places like Yale that give AOA have to rank students to determine this.