Pass/Fail

Started by yawkeyway
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yawkeyway

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ladies and gentlemen,

Any downside (admissions-wise) to taking a class pass/fail in undergrad? It's not a science class. My program requires a heavy load this term and I'd rather take it pass/fail and leave more time for research than the alternative.
 
Many applicants apply with pass/fail courses on their transcript--it isn't an issue.

Most interviewers will probably not even notice it (when I interview I only look at the full transcript if the GPA is questionable), or if they do will likely assume that you didn't have a choice about whether to take it P/F or not.