pass/no pass per genetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a non-science major wanting to take genetics next spring, but it conflicts with a class i need in order to graduate. I spoke with the prof and he suggested that since i'm a non-major and i could only make 1-2 classes per week and the lab, i just do the pass/fail option. Should I do this, or will med school frown on this? Thanks,
TheRock

Members don't see this ad.

TAKE GENETICS PASS/FAIL. I regret it everyday that i didnt take that damn class p/f. screwed my gpa over. (im a little bitter still). You dont even need genetics, and you only need a basic idea of genetics (which u shouldve got from gen bio) for mcat.

You will get asked, especially because you won't have a lot of other science classes, why you took it pass/fail. If you have otherwise great science grades, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you have a few B's, some adcom might frown on taking it pass/fail. But if the option is to take it pass/fail, or not at all, take it if you are interested in the subject. Just know that most schools won't accept pass/fail classes as fulfilling pre-reqs, so if that was your motivation for taking the class, don't bother.