Passed NAPLEX & TX MPJE !!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LRx11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!! This forum helped me with my exam and heres my contribution.
I'm sure this has repeated several times but whatever helps

NAPLEX:
The best way to study is RxPrep. Initially I was all for the APhA but I realized that by the time I finished couple of chapters, I kept of forgetting what I read in the previous ones. So I turned to RxPrep and just stuck with it. I went through the whole book and went back and focused in on few of my weaker subjects. I also completed the online quiz bank for RxPrep. For the math section, I just did the 120 questions floating around here. The NAPLEX exam was okay for me, I definitely had hard questions and very easy ones. One b/g ques on AIDS/HIV, few oncology drugs (identify which one, SE, ROA), and lot of case studies.

TX MPJE:
I ONLY studied 2 days for this exam and I got 90. I went through 2010 Kaplan Caccitore 59 page review and Brinkley book (only the parts where Cacciatore's review emphasized). Overall I felt the exam to be pretty easy. Only thing was that, there were few topics on MPJE that I didnt come across when studying for it.

Since I'm done, If you guys need the books, I'm selling it. Send me a PM
1. NAPLEX: APhA, RxPrep, Kaplan
2. TX MPJE: Guide to TX law (Brinkley/Caccitore), Kaplan Caccitore Review 2010, Lexis Nexis 2009

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulation!!! I'm taking the NAPLEX this Friday, I did not have a chance to look at the RxPrep. I only did the Apha and Kaplan, do you think I will have the chance?
Anyone take the MPJE in Mass soon? what material are you using to study? Thank you

Thanks. I think RxPrep works because its organized well and easier to read. APhA is good but with a lot more details. I think you'll be okay. Good luck

How'd you study for the case studies?

I have the quizbank also, scoring anywhere from ~65%-95% on certain topics (better percentage on the big disease states). I feel the questions are range from really straightforward, eliminating down to 2 answers, or just WTFIDK?? Kinda makes me feel like I wasted money on it. The brand/generic questions on it are a complete joke. I'm expecting the Naplex questions to be at least 5x harder than the question bank, with paragraphs of details, where the clue is hidden and when you're pressed for time you'll just read over it.

I'm using RxPrep right now...almost done with everything except having to review/review/review Onco. (I first looked at it today and I just kept lol'ing in my head at page after page of drugs and SE's/class. Is it safe to just forget about the ones that aren't bolded?).

RxPrep doesn't really do a good of letting us know the different formulations for the top 200, ie. says P.O. for drug A but doesn't say if it's tablet, caps, etc...Did that hinder you at all or were the formulation questions easy?

The 120 SDN math packet definitely helped me alot. Will the test give you MW and chemical compounds (ie. will they write Sodium chloride dihydrate or NaCl 2(H20).?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm getting nervous as hell. Hopefully I'll get a good score on the pre-Naplex to ease me a little bit.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! This forum helped me with my exam and heres my contribution.
I'm sure this has repeated several times but whatever helps

NAPLEX:
The best way to study is RxPrep. Initially I was all for the APhA but I realized that by the time I finished couple of chapters, I kept of forgetting what I read in the previous ones. So I turned to RxPrep and just stuck with it. I went through the whole book and went back and focused in on few of my weaker subjects. I also completed the online quiz bank for RxPrep. For the math section, I just did the 120 questions floating around here. The NAPLEX exam was okay for me, I definitely had hard questions and very easy ones. One b/g ques on AIDS/HIV, few oncology drugs (identify which one, SE, ROA), and lot of case studies.

TX MPJE:
I ONLY studied 2 days for this exam and I got 90. I went through 2010 Kaplan Caccitore 59 page review and Brinkley book (only the parts where Cacciatore's review emphasized). Overall I felt the exam to be pretty easy. Only thing was that, there were few topics on MPJE that I didnt come across when studying for it.

Since I'm done, If you guys need the books, I'm selling it. Send me a PM
1. NAPLEX: APhA, RxPrep, Kaplan
2. TX MPJE: Guide to TX law (Brinkley/Caccitore), Kaplan Caccitore Review 2010, Lexis Nexis 2009

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Im interested in buying Rxprep book
Is the book still available
what is your final demand
[email protected]