Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi I've had this problem where I pass out whenever I get a shot or blood taken and get really sick when I see blood or needles or even something that makes me think about them.
I want to shadow doctors and volunteer at hospitals and eventually become a doctor, but with how bad I am right now I wouldn't be able to. Has anyone had this problem and have a solution?
Thanks in advance, I really hope I am able to overcome this.
I want to shadow doctors and volunteer at hospitals and eventually become a doctor, but with how bad I am right now I wouldn't be able to. Has anyone had this problem and have a solution?
Thanks in advance, I really hope I am able to overcome this.
(by donating regularly) and meet nice people. My local Red Cross blood bank has a nice selection of DVDs to watch while you donate (apharesis only, a regular blood donation only takes 5-15 mins), and sure you can also bring your own.



Call your local chapter of the ARC and find out (you also need to put in a date on the website and the stuff there might not be up-to-date). If there really isn't, maybe call your local trauma center (ask for the blood bank) -- they'll be able to point you in one or the other direction. Do call the hospital switchboard (please do NOT call the emergency number). It is an obvious thing to say, but we never know who reads this site...