Passive Income for Pain Doctors in 2022: The Holy Grail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stonks and crypto!

But seriously I think stock market and real estate are the simplest inflation hedges. I don't have real estate so index funds and living modestly are still the plan as the rvu pellets shrink.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Index Funds: QQQ (+225% growth past 5 years) - Who knows what the next 5 years holds but I expect continued growth, tech is too big to fail at this point, especially the top companies in the QQQ fund.

Last edited:
mostly VTI, considering tilting through QQQM
may throw in some money into SHM and LIT etf themes for the next couple years

With inflations eating away purchasing power of RVU's where will you pivot in 2022 to grow your wealth?

lots of interest in real estate investments if you're looking for that area of diversification, origin is opening a new QOZ fund II
Personally, asset allocation won't change much for me but I want to get into direct indexing - will take another look at ibonds

Last edited:
mostly VTI, considering tilting through QQQM
may throw in some money into SHM and LIT etf themes for the next couple years
QQQM is the ticket for ETF of Invesco NASDAQ 100 ETF. Basically tracks the top 100 tech companies on the NASDAQ

How do you guys learn about all of this?
Bogleheads.org

There is a lot of information out there but no one will care about your money as much as you.

Reactions: 3 users
Prob best you not learn about it because it is mostly performance chasing. Stick to your own investment strategy and ignore the noise

The White Coat Investor book is a very good launching point and covers a wide variety of financial topics. Its not all inclusive but he goes over the basics, certainly enough solid advice to help assure a comfortable retirement.

Above and beyond that is up to individual research and your own personal risk tolerance. I am a giant chicken and my portfolio reflects that.

Reactions: 3 users
The White Coat Investor book is a very good launching point and covers a wide variety of financial topics. Its not all inclusive but he goes over the basics, certainly enough solid advice to help assure a comfortable retirement.

Above and beyond that is up to individual research and your own personal risk tolerance. I am a giant chicken and my portfolio reflects that.
Yes and the WCI website and forum have a ton of info too.

1641934500685.png

A great place to start and can be read in one sitting.

this is the author's website and basically the entire book, The Simple Path to Wealth