passport pics for secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnle119

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's already been discussed here, but I just can't seem to find the old posts, so I'm gonna ask you guys again. For the pic that is requested on secondaries, did you bother dressing up for it? Or at least wear formal apparel on the top half of your body? Do you think it's inappropriate to give them a pic that clearly shows I'm wearing a T-shirt?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by pnle119
Do you think it's inappropriate to give them a pic that clearly shows I'm wearing a T-shirt?

as long as there's nothing obscene on the t-shirt (at least not that's visible) you'll be fine

For one of my applications, I sent along a pic of me in a red University of Wisconsin-Madison t-shirt with a quote that said, "FU*K'EM BUCKY!" and good ol bucky badger giving the middle finger. i figured they would get a good laugh out of that one!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wore a regular T-shirt. I dont think they really care what you wear, as long as youre decent, it is just for identification purposes I believe to remember you if you are invited to interview.

I would recommend having it taken naked. It shows that you have nothing to hide and that you are comfortable with the human body.