Pat Angle Strategies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarashiame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm an undergrad @ UCD. I'm going to be taking the DAT for the first time soon. I am having trouble with the Angle ranking section of the test. I have done the following:
1) Used my nails/fingers (Luckily I'm double jointed)
2) Eliminating the obvious incorrect answers by looking at the smallest and the largest.

Then I usually have two angles to compare left and I just can't get it down. :( Suggestions?

THANKS! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm an undergrad @ UCD. I'm going to be taking the DAT for the first time soon. I am having trouble with the Angle ranking section of the test. I have done the following:
1) Used my nails/fingers (Luckily I'm double jointed)
2) Eliminating the obvious incorrect answers by looking at the smallest and the largest.

Then I usually have two angles to compare left and I just can't get it down. :( Suggestions?

THANKS! :D

I also use the elimination technique. It works pretty well for me (been using Crack PAT), but it seems to be the most ambiguous b/c sometimes I get them all, and sometimes miss 2-3. Sometimes I tip my chair wayyyy back to view the 2 angles I narrowed it down to from a distance....that helps sometimes.

Ive been doing pretty solid on them and what I do is look at the answer choices first because its usually 2 angles from the 4 that is the smallest. Next, I find the smallest and largest, and try to look away from the screen to determine the middle two.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I do is once you have it down to two angles, try to create a right angle in your mind using one of the existing sides and another perpendicular to that. This way you can see the angle and also its complementary angle. when you concentrate on one of the remaining choices with these two angles in mind and then look at the other, the answer usually comes out. Obviously if the complementary angle is bigger on one then u know that choice is actually the smaller angle. Then for large angles close to 180 degrees i just imagine the supplementary angle instead of the complement. With this method u have 2 angles to use for each choice instead of just staring at one tiny little angle. It works for me anyway. Havent taken the DAT yet but Ive been consistently getting 23+ on PAT practice for kaplan and barrons. Hope that helps and wasn't too confusing..