PAT HELP!! TFE and Pattern Folding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportygirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I hope somebody can help me out and give me some tips on the PAT, especially Top-Front-End and Pattern folding. For TFE, when you are trying to determine the end view, do you look at the object from right to left or left to right? Also, can somebody explain the line counting technique?
For pattern folding, any tips?

Please help...the big day is less than a week away!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I can prolly help you with the TFE but im as clueless as you are on the pattern folding haha.

i'll upload an example. if you have any questions, let me know =)

39974_TFE_122_705lo.JPG

it's hard to explain over the internet as opposed to being right next to u to physically point out what u should look for..cuz once u know it, then it comes ALOT easier. my kaplan instructor really gave us good tips to get us started..

if not, the best thing is to do one TFE or pattern folding and look at the answer right away and see HOW certain pieces (pattern folding) meet together. let's say for pattern folding:

it's a dice with it's sides laid out. choose choice A and see :would this side be netx to this side? if not, then move on to B. it's how u should do it cuz honestly, it's impossible to look at a flat dice and fold it and decide from there. process of elimination is key in PAT.

for TFE..again practice.
count lines... see it's hard to explain over the interent. but basically..let's say u have a letter M (Front view). if u were to look at it TOP view..then you would see THREE solid lines (cuz the top of M has three points) with two spaces in between because of the slants from M. get my drift? practice makes perfect! purchase Crack PAT! it's awesome! don't use TOp score for PAT..it doens't give u explanations.