PAT-paper folding, ortho. projections, and form development

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etoolky1

Tooth girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several people have mentioned that on the actual dat the paper folding section of the PAT, the paper is folded in 3's. Can anyone clarify or explain this to me?
Also I find the orthographic projections and form development to be very difficult for me, any suggestions on how to improve performance or understanding?

Members don't see this ad.

etoolky1 said:
Several people have mentioned that on the actual dat the paper folding section of the PAT, the paper is folded in 3's. Can anyone clarify or explain this to me?
Also I find the orthographic projections and form development to be very difficult for me, any suggestions on how to improve performance or understanding?

As far as paper folding goes, it is folded in both 2's and 3's. so its depends on the question. In general for the PAT section, the things that make you more prepared are your IQ, and practice, practice, practice. there is no real formula that will make it easier. try reading barrons book for DAT, but only the PAT section. it has some explanation for each part with tips. You migth find it helpful. It also has great PAT questions.

Sometimes the questions will fold the square twice and then ask you for the unfolded answer, sometimes they fold it again (a third time) and then ask for the unfolded answer.

For me, the est way to work through them (especially at first) is by cutting out a square of paper and fool arround with it, fold it like the question and see where the holes end up. This will train your mind and soon enough you will be able to just see the answer. Also, use the answers as a guide, eliminate choices as you go along.

Also, be mindful of question that look as if the paper was folded, BUT IT NEVER IS! for those question use your paper to find a fold that will work.

Good luck.