PathAI opportunity for pathologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Korzh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve noticed often reposting of PathAI remote opportunity for pathologists on pathoutlines. Does anyone have an experience working with them? Was wondering about their requirements as well? What do you guys think in general about this?
Many thanks and Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

What post? Can you share the link?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that is the company he is talking about.

worked with them when they first started hiring. They used to compensate well. Not worth my time anymore. If you want snack money, go ahead. Actually think they're doing awesome things.

Reactions: 2 users
There is no such thing as AI. There is only greater computing power and integration of data to analyze. This is not AI. If you really want to do something great.... have a good EMR and LIS interface that actually integrates pertinent patient data and history for the physician. So when you get a specific consultation or biopsy all the most important data is integrated into a history narrative that prevents errors. This is much more valuable than having a computer read biopsies or screen biopsies. Most of the “AI” ideas come from CP people or researchers that have no idea what surgical pathologists actually do. There are so many other issues plaguing medicine than the price of an excellent cost-effective test.... the biopsy.

I'm confused why anyone would contribute to this? This company is probably looking to automate away all quick 88305s (tubular adenomas, etc). People complain about pathologist oversupply and then willingly sign up to help render their own job obsolete...? In terms of back-stabbing betrayal, this is probably worse than becoming a med-mal prosecution expert witness. I hope they at least pay $50,000/slide. If you're going to sell out the future of your professional colleagues, at least do it for fu money.

Automated slide screening is low on the list of worries.

What is your opinion of anyone working on liquid biopsies?

So pathologists should just refuse to play any role in progress and advancement?

Automated slide screening is low on the list of worries.

What is your opinion of anyone working on liquid biopsies?

So pathologists should just refuse to play any role in progress and advancement?

Anatomic path is always going to be in a tricky position because tissue diagnosis is invasive compared to "modern" imaging/serology. If liquid biopsies obviate the need for tissue, then I think it represents meaningful progress that helps patients and should be embraced. But as long as tissue needs to be collected, fixed, embedded, cut and stained, then call me a self-serving protectionist, but I think pathologists should at least be apprehensive about lending their expertise to one MD and 60+ engineers looking to automate their work.

Last edited:
For god's sake, if you want ancillary income start a business or buy some rental properties. I charge much more than that at the doggie day care that I own.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s pathology, that may be the only type of work some people can find.

Why do they require Board certification for research purpose interpretation? Can't BE do it?

worked with them when they first started hiring. They used to compensate well. Not worth my time anymore. If you want snack money, go ahead. Actually think they're doing awesome things.
Can you pm me? Need some info about this.