Pathology Blog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start it off.....

Today I drove over to Westwood, wanted to do some reading at the UCLA med library, maybe chat up some coeds. There was a kids fair going on today and I strolled through seeing a group of 10-12 year old boys hovered near a sign that said "UCLA sex workers meeting and art fair Wednesday 8pm." What the hell?! Now college might have changed a bit since I was there but I dont think you should be advertising that stuff...
Ok so I head over to the UCLA med bookstore to check out the newest pathology texts....they have like crap books...A couple copies of Ackerman, no good Cyto or Derm books, no Wheedon even, no forensics books at all, totally gimp. So, disappointed I head into the library and sit down in a desk thing, then as Im reading I notice this Sikh resident frigging reading my book over my shoulder! What the hell, I tell dude whats up and did he need something, he said no, he just wanted to read over my shoulder...okay, freak! I leave, go to Starbucks, but there is a movie premier and like more security than a US embassy is protecting the premier of some lame animation flick so I cant get into Starbucks....after drafting an open letter to Osama Bin Laden explaining how many juicy infidels live in West LA, I leave.

Members don't see this ad.

Today, I didn't even get past the "gotta get dressed" part. Was still recouperating after fooling around the entire USCAP week in St. Ant. Now, soon, or soonish, or later, or sometime, I am off to bed, so I tomorrow can begin anew to dazzle the world with my ninja path skillz.

I woke up. Recuperated from last night. I ate. I worked. I came home. Went to work again. Came home. Now here I sit broken-hearted, tried to **** but only farted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today I went to the hospital, an hour late, knowing that nobody would know or even care. I changed into scrubs, found the anesthesiology guy, mentioned one of his patients had just arrived, then turned and hurried away as if I had something important to do. I went straight to the lounge and ate part of a donut. Then I sat there and read a magazine for physicians. Then, in case the anesthesiology guy walked in, I opened up the journal "Anesthesiology" and propped it open on my knee, with the cover prominently facing the lounge entrance. After sitting there watching the news for a half hour, I went to grab my white coat and walked down the hall towards the locker room. Luckily, the anesthesiology guy saw me, so we exhanged pleasantries. I then went to the locker room, changed back into my clothes, and left.

I stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got a #1 breakfast meal with a coffee. Then I stopped by my bank, changed my surname and got a form notarized. Then I headed home.

At home I cleaned the kitchen, took out the recycling, called a painter to schedule an estimate, and goofed off on the internet. I cooked some bok choy with tofu for a late lunch.

Once my husband was on his way home from work, I sat down to read about cardiovascular diseases and anesthesiology. Now I'm preparing a presentation I have to do tomorrow on it.

Nice. I remember my anesthesiology rotation. On more than a few occasions, I never even bothered coming into the hospital.

stormjen said:
Today I went to the hospital, an hour late, knowing that nobody would know or even care. I changed into scrubs, found the anesthesiology guy, mentioned one of his patients had just arrived, then turned and hurried away as if I had something important to do. I went straight to the lounge and ate part of a donut. Then I sat there and read a magazine for physicians. Then, in case the anesthesiology guy walked in, I opened up the journal "Anesthesiology" and propped it open on my knee, with the cover prominently facing the lounge entrance. After sitting there watching the news for a half hour, I went to grab my white coat and walked down the hall towards the locker room. Luckily, the anesthesiology guy saw me, so we exhanged pleasantries. I then went to the locker room, changed back into my clothes, and left.

Seriously, this is my whole fourth year in a nutshell. I'm going to pay next year, cause terns can't fly under the radar, but I have learned the art of face time.

Ahhh, you should see my evals. (tears of pride well up in my eyes) It actually sounds like I was present in the hospital for at least half of each rotation.

PairODocs said:
Seriously, this is my whole fourth year in a nutshell. I'm going to pay next year, cause terns can't fly under the radar, but I have learned the art of face time.

Ahhh, you should see my evals. (tears of pride well up in my eyes) It actually sounds like I was present in the hospital for at least half of each rotation.
my fourth year ended months ago.

nana nana nah nah! :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:

DId it literallly end months ago - are you doing research electives for your post-doc or are you totally done? If you had graduated earlier, you could have avoided the BS, man. People who graduated by Dec 2004 didn't have to take it.

AndyMilonakis said:

The funny thing is, I would give my left nut to be a 4th med student again with no worries, working out all the time and chatting up undergrads, playing Warcraft til 3am with no wake up time, drinking mad amounts of beer while telling this blonde chick named Mandy that her dance major sounds oo so fancinating... :barf:

geddy said:
DId it literallly end months ago - are you doing research electives for your post-doc or are you totally done? If you had graduated earlier, you could have avoided the BS, man. People who graduated by Dec 2004 didn't have to take it.

I finished all of my medical school course requirements on Friday October 22nd.

Unfortunately, I technically don't graduate until June. There's no early graduation for mudphuds. Hence, I had to take the Step 2 BS. :thumbdown: