SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pathology Boards Review Courses

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by ironchef, Apr 23, 2006.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ironchef

ironchef Guest

Aug 31, 2002
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. univlad

univlad Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 14, 2002
    I just finished Day #4 of the ASCP course in Chicago--two more days to go. The hotel is nice and there are shuttles to a conference facility a few blocks away. It's well organized at the conference facility with excellent breakfasts, snacks and lunches. Today's lunch was meatloaf which I am not a fun of, but they did have an good Indian type vegetarian alternative.

CP was first, which was very through. Most of the lecturers were strong with the exception of microbiology. Just started AP today.

Any other SDN'ers in Chicago for the review? What do you think?

4. ironchef

ironchef Guest

Aug 31, 2002
  5. ry2thesky

ry2thesky 7+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Wondering if there are major differences in the Osler 2010 notes compared to the Osler 2015 notes - anyone have an opinion? I need to know if it's worth it to buy the most updated version, since board exams typically have dated questions. Thanks in advance for any input.

6. Mace1370

Mace1370 10+ Year Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Physician
    The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

sosarah likes this.
  7. pathslides

pathslides

Aug 7, 2016
    Pathology hasn't changed much outside of molecular. I think I used 2010 notes (maybe some even older than that) and it was perfectly fine for me when it came to test time. But my advice is to do as many questions and read all answers (even the ones you get right). That was the bulk of my studying. Reading notes gets boring and passive. Doing questions keeps it to active learning.

8. The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017