Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pathology Boards Review Courses

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by ironchef, Apr 23, 2006.

1. ironchef

ironchef Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. univlad

univlad Member

Attending Physician
    I just finished Day #4 of the ASCP course in Chicago--two more days to go. The hotel is nice and there are shuttles to a conference facility a few blocks away. It's well organized at the conference facility with excellent breakfasts, snacks and lunches. Today's lunch was meatloaf which I am not a fun of, but they did have an good Indian type vegetarian alternative.

CP was first, which was very through. Most of the lecturers were strong with the exception of microbiology. Just started AP today.

Any other SDN'ers in Chicago for the review? What do you think?

4. ironchef

ironchef Guest

5. ry2thesky

Pre-Medical
    Wondering if there are major differences in the Osler 2010 notes compared to the Osler 2015 notes - anyone have an opinion? I need to know if it's worth it to buy the most updated version, since board exams typically have dated questions. Thanks in advance for any input.

6. Mace1370

Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

sosarah likes this.
  7. pathslides

Attending Physician
    Pathology hasn't changed much outside of molecular. I think I used 2010 notes (maybe some even older than that) and it was perfectly fine for me when it came to test time. But my advice is to do as many questions and read all answers (even the ones you get right). That was the bulk of my studying. Reading notes gets boring and passive. Doing questions keeps it to active learning.

8. drdonghung

The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

#7 drdonghung, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017