Pathology/Histotech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna144

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to eventually become a pathologist, and although currently I am working at a toxicology lab accredited by the college of american pathologists, what we do is technically not pathology. That's why I am thinking about enrolling in a histotech program.

Anyone has any experience with these programs and can tell me what they think about them?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be preparing an application to medical school, not path residency. The work you are doing now is probably of good quality and you should stick with it. Shadow a pathologist if you'd like to have exposure to the field.

You should be preparing an application to medical school, not path residency. The work you are doing now is probably of good quality and you should stick with it. Shadow a pathologist if you'd like to have exposure to the field.

But wouldn't it be considered a good experience by med schools since i will be spending most of my time with pathologist in hospital pathology labs learning skills that most premeds do not have?