Pathology- Robbins or Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lahaiesi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
For pathology, would you recommend Pathoma or Robbins? Or even both? My school "requires" Robbins but I've heard wonderful things about Pathoma. Anyone have a preference? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Robbins is no-quotation-marks-mandatory at my school (Big Robbins)-- but Pathoma is incredibly helpful for understanding Robbins. I tend to do a pass through Pathoma before I read the textbook.

Reactions: 2 users
Robbins is no-quotation-marks-mandatory at my school (Big Robbins)-- but Pathoma is incredibly helpful for understanding Robbins. I tend to do a pass through Pathoma before I read the textbook.

This. So much this.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)

I similarly do Pathoma before Robbins, and the quotation marks are there at my school. I just love Big Robbins.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys! I think I might check them both out. They seem like they'll be pretty useful through the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathoma is an amazing resource, 10/10 in my opinion. However, it is a review resource and by no means inclusive for learning the entirety of the material. It's excellent for a first past and excellent for review. If you want something in between the breadth of the two, you could go with Goljan RR Path.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I use Pathoma and small Robbins, and I have been doing fine. But I know other classmates who use Goljan RR only and they also do well.