How essential is an audition rotation for pathology

Started by Fluffyone
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fluffyone

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Sorry If this was asked before but I wasn't able to find anything for my situation. My school is very strict with the start and end date of a rotation being at a set time and all the places that im interested in applying to said they also are strict with this and their times conflict with my schools times. However, my core site which doesn't have a path residency is able to accomidate my school times. Can I still be competitive for pathology residency even without doing an audition/away rotation? TIA[emoji2]
 
Hi,
Sorry If this was asked before but I wasn't able to find anything for my situation. My school is very strict with the start and end date of a rotation being at a set time and all the places that im interested in applying to said they also are strict with this and their times conflict with my schools times. However, my core site which doesn't have a path residency is able to accomidate my school times. Can I still be competitive for pathology residency even without doing an audition/away rotation? TIA[emoji2]

I have never heard of someone doing a path away and I can tell you the people at my school who are interested in path aren't doing aways. I truly can't see it being helpful. It is definitely not known for being an away or die field. I think you are 100% fine not doing one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's the pathology forum. Pathology

@Fluffyone Does your own medical school have a pathology department but not a pathology residency?
Thanks so much I'll try to move this question there or post it there[emoji2] my site has a path dept but theres only 2 on site pathologists so they ship out alot of things and there's no path residency there. I did an elective with them and I enjoyed it and learned alot but I wanted to make sure I got enough exposure