Pathoma or BnB for dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowsnice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be entering 6 weeks of dedicated soon and was wondering whether I would have time to watch all of BnB? Or should I just read the pathoma book? If there isn't enough time, is there a anki deck that would cover most of BnB?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be entering 6 weeks of dedicated soon and was wondering whether I would have time to watch all of BnB? Or should I just read the pathoma book? If there isn't enough time, is there a anki deck that would cover most of BnB?
I strongly recommend using multiple resources. So why not both? I'm rather impressed with BnB. n

Reactions: 1 user
Pathoma means doing the book + online lectures. Both are paramount.

If you’re only doing the pathoma book then I would recommend another resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. This is the first I'm hearing of this. I've heard that only the videos are essential.
Nah man the book is very useful for getting a quick recap of the material if you don't have time to rewatch the videos. I use mine for annotations and to replicate the illustrations he draws in the videos. Unless you have photographic memory and you can recall everything from his videos then yeah it's probably not going to be very useful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Nah man the book is very useful for getting a quick recap of the material if you don't have time to rewatch the videos. I use mine for annotations and to replicate the illustrations he draws in the videos. Unless you have photographic memory and you can recall everything from his videos then yeah it's probably not going to be very useful.

But is not the whole of Pathoma in Zanki?

But is not the whole of Pathoma in Zanki?
There are some drawings and annotations in the book here and there that aren't in Zanki but are helpful for understanding IMO so I personally use the book often when I do my reviews and need a quick recap of the big picture.

Pathoma is life.

I will admit I thought BnB heme/onc was superior. I did pathoma during preclinical and BnB near and during dedicated. I felt there was value added to hearing the info from a non pathologist.

Pathoma with his lectures is good enough alongside Rx and Uworld qbanks. That should cover everything you need to know about path To save time and be efficient i would use BnB for everything else but leave path to the goat-Sattar is the boyy. He is so good at explaining path its scary. there are certain topics that i couldnt understand for the life of me for years and he basically cleared up years worth of material my professors have covered in under a minute