USMLE Pathoma vs. Boards and Beyond (for pathology)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotransmitter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Boards and Beyond is more comprehensive and I know Pathoma is awesome for pathology. But how does B&B compare to Pathoma for pathology alone? Is B&B as comprehensive as Pathoma for pathology? Is B&B as in-depth as Pathoma for pathology? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly it's hit or miss. Both are really good, but in some chapters one of them does better than the other or vice versa. Overall I'd say they are similar in quality, but obviously Pathoma is much more popular for path specifically.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks @Dermpire! So if I already have B&B, you think it's OK not to buy Pathoma? Or would you still get both? I get overwhelmed with too many resources as I have found out, but I want to really focus on knowing a few resources extremely well. I know it's UFAP, but I thought maybe UFAB could work.

Thanks @Dermpire! So if I already have B&B, you think it's OK not to buy Pathoma? Or would you still get both? I get overwhelmed with too many resources as I have found out, but I want to really focus on knowing a few resources extremely well. I know it's UFAP, but I thought maybe UFAB could work.

Most people would tell you that you "NEED" Pathoma, but I've watched BB and Pathoma for just about every section and they're nearly identical the vast majority of the time. Super thorough and high quality for both series. That being said, I use both concurrently and have found useful unique explanations or facts in each one that weren't in the other that I thought were valuable. If you're shooting for a 260 I'd absolutely recommend watching both, but I think Pathoma or BB-Pathology videos will both cover the FA Pathology very well to where you really understand the underlying processes.

So yes, if you commit to BB, Pathoma isn't necessary.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, I'm aiming for a 262 and I'd rather just stick to Pathoma (by avoiding B&B I can concentrate my study time for step 1 on kaplan, rx, uworld, FA and Path rather than dilute it on another source that's already similar to another).

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone happen to know which of the AP/CP board exams is on day one of the exam schedule?