General Admissions & OTCAS PAY FOR OTCAS TRANSCRIPT ENTRY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreOTfromLB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I had a bit of a complicated undergraduate career I transferred three times and took classes at two separate universities to complete prerequisite courses. There were some repeated classes that "replaced" grades, for just one one semester at each university. OTCAS doesn't allow me to enter in a university if I indicate that I started and ended in the same semester. So, I listed the precluding semester. I've also emailed OTCAS directly and have not got a response yet.

• Has anyone paid for the transcript entry service?
  • If you have used it, how does it work?
  • Do they enter it before I submit the application or after?
  • Can you view your final GPA, last 60, and preq. GPA once everything is entered?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

I used the service. You just send them your transcripts (which you have to do anyway) and then they will manually enter in all your grades for you. You can then review what they entered for correctness. I had no problems with it. If I remember correctly, your app isn't "verified" until they enter your grades. But you can submit applications to schools once OTCAS says your app is complete. Then once it's verified, schools will look at it. OTCAS does not (at least last cycle) calculate last 60 GPA. But they will calculate overall GPA and you will be able to see that. If you want to know your last 60 GPA, just use an online GPA calculator that uses the same point assignments as OTCAS (i.e. A- = 3.7)

I did it last year and it carried over this year (second time applicant) so if you end up applying twice, you don't have to repay. I have 5 different transcripts and 180 some what credit. It was so worth the 100 I paid for it.

The person above is correct on the procedure as well.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'll look into it more. :)