Pay Rate for P1,P2, and ... in the Northeast, especially New England Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colleo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone would like to share any information about pay rates for pharmacy interns in the northeast, especially the New England area. I haven't found much information for the new England area, most of the information I found is for posistions in the west. Please share any information I am in the process oflooking for a position and would like to know what I should ask for.

Members don't see this ad.

It's kinda crap compared to out west. Definitely depends on area/company, but in MA the rates i've seen start at 10-13 for retail, 12-15 for hospital. Generally speaking I haven't seen an P1-P4 pay over 18 dollars, not that it can't be done but that's pretty decent money.

As an intern, unless you're really good or know someone, I think you'll be told what you make, as you're not really in a position to be asking.

As P4 at major hospital I make base of $15, extra for weekends or evenings.

CVS delayed P4 pay raise until September, so as P3 I make 13.50.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for responding. I just wanted to know the range because I was applying at many different locations and didn't know what to put for desired pay. I didn't want to cheat myself.

Thanks for responding. I just wanted to know the range because I was applying at many different locations and didn't know what to put for desired pay. I didn't want to cheat myself.

Honestly, your desired pay doesnt matter. Companies have standard pay for a pharmacy intern. I work in NJ and get 11.25 per hr at Walgreens as a P1. The rates are about the same ~12 with standard increases for each year of pharmacy school.

But reading what others in the West and even the mid-West are getting makes me feel like im being cheated lol.

Northern NJ P1 $11, P2 $12, P3 $13.50, P4 $15 at CVS. Seems like the standard. Compared it to friends in NY, they were getting a dollar more per hour, which seems right.

How many hours a week do you guys work?