Pay Rate for Pharmacy Interns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend's a P1 at walgreens and she gets paid $17.50 an hour and 25.50 for overtime. Not bad for what little we know :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that I'll be getting $13 per hour at the Nebraska Wal-Mart I about to start working for. I'm envious of that $30 per hour rate.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I get paid $14 as P1 intern at giant eagle ( a grocery store located in ohio,pa,west virginia),. I believe that is the higher end of the spectrum for salaries here in the cleveland area.

im working at walgreens this summer(northern cali.) and they're paying me 17.00/hr. i will be a p2 this fall.

Does your friend have the State of Michigan Intern license?

Have they completed the P1 year?

Does Walgreens allow overtime? Overtime after 40 hours?

does anyone know if P1's can get an intern license and work in Texas (without being a certified tech)?

In Texas you get your intern license after you fnish your P1 year.

I'm just starting in Seattle this fall... Fred Meyer offered me $18/hr and Bartell Drug offered $17/hr.

I'm a P2 in North Mississippi working at CVS and I make $13.00/hour, which isn't bad considering our pay rate is based on what people in the Mississippi Delta area make. Not sure how I got to $13 though, since I was told that they start P1 interns at $10/hour. But after working at CVS for almost 3 years, I've learned not to really question anything......

Im a P1 in North MS at Walgreens making $13.00/hour, and overtime is a no no.

Quick question...is the intern license...is it applied throughout the country or is it separate for each state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I've been trying to figure out what the P1 intern rule is in Florida. Are you allowed to intern while you are P1 or do you have to wait until P2? What are the going rates for interns in Florida? Anyone know? Thanks.

Hey I've been trying to figure out what the P1 intern rule is in Florida. Are you allowed to intern while you are P1 or do you have to wait until P2? What are the going rates for interns in Florida? Anyone know? Thanks.

You can be a P1 in Florida. Walgreens pays 12.50/hr for P1 and increases a dollar every year.

Hmm this thread makes me realize how severly i am getting shafted. Rite Aid pharmacy $8.50/hour, recently accepted to pharmacy school - no intern license yet.

I'm a P-2 @ a 3 year program at Midwestern university in Phoenix, AZ. I'm getting $21/hr at Walgreens right now. Highest I've heard for my class so far is $24.50 at Fry's Food and Drug.

haha i donno what u make tho .. but i just started with zero experience and i make $11 as a c1 at rite aid
i think its horrible but its more than wat some other technicians make with like 10 years of experiance !

Hmm this thread makes me realize how severly i am getting shafted. Rite Aid pharmacy $8.50/hour, recently accepted to pharmacy school - no intern license yet.

Dude .. rite aid sux at paying technicians .. i used to get paid 8 when i started with zero experience .. and now that i have my intern lic they changed my status and i get paid 11/hr
so just hang in there till u get ur lic !

haha i donno what u make tho .. but i just started with zero experience and i make $11 as a c1 at rite aid
i think its horrible but its more than wat some other technicians make with like 10 years of experiance !
Yeah i noticed that too, seems like they randomly assign wages or something.

ya cause basically any big chain pharmacy can give two sh**s about you if you're not a pharmacist.

that's just my opinion from personal experience.

ya cause basically any big chain pharmacy can give two sh**s about you if you're not a pharmacist.

that's just my opinion from personal experience.

For any interested Canadians, all hospitals in the lower mainland (Vancouver Canada) area are paying their P1-P4's the same rate, 25.69 before taxes, union dues etc.

I work at a CVS in Philadelphia, and a lot of my friends work at CVS in Jersey. It seems that their pay rates are higher than mine, and I was hoping somebody could fill me in on what I am supposed to get paid as a P2 in Philadelphia.

I guess I'm technically a P2 now (South University 3 year PharmD and I just finished my 4th quarter out of 12 total) and I am currently at $17.50/hour at an independent pharmacy in Georgia. I thought this was good until I started reading this thread... but I guess it is considering where I live.

CVS in socal $17.25 as a P2

I live in CT and I've been working for CVS for about 4.5 years now..and they told me I'll be making $13 as a P1 starting this year. I am really not happy...does anyone have any recommendations for any other pharmacies around here that pay more than the abovementioned wage for P1 students? I will be attending Northeastern Univ in Boston, MA this fall.

I'm in the NY metropolitan area and I've been working with CVS for one year now and I'm going into P1 this fall, but I don't get a license until next Summer of 2009. I started off on 8/hr a year ago and recently my boss gave me a raise to 12/hr. Which is pretty good IMO considering I don't even have an intern license/permit yet.

But then I find out my friend working in the city is starting off on 12/hr.

I just got a raise! $15.20 (plus differential).

I'm pleased.

Hi SDN! I'm a PY4 doing a project for my rotations. What is the pharmacy student intern rate at a long term care facility and a mail order pharmacy? Any help would be great! Thanks so much =D

I found rates for pharmd, techs and interns in retail and hospital, but long term care and mail order is a bit more harder to find..

These are rates that I got in New Jersey:

P2 @ CVS $11/hour
P3 @ WAGS $12.75/hour
P4 @ WAGS $14.50/hour (my current pay rate)

Any ideas on what is the the graduate intern pay rate for Walgreens in New Jersey?

P1
NW Chicago Suburb
14.20. Dominicks

Does anyone know the pay scale for retail interns in the DC metropolitan area? ( cvs/ riteaid/walgreens)

Must have a license before you are an intern.

Chain : Publix Supermarkets

Current pay scale
PY1 : 11.00
PY2 : 12.00
PY3 : 14.00
PY4 : 16.00
Graduate Intern : 32.00
Pharmacist Starting Salary (Assistant) : 47.50

Intern salary is not negociable, however Pharmacist pay is.

Note : Pharmacist pay doesn't include stock options (+8% of salary), bonuses (Generally 3-10% depending on how busy), and 401K match.

info dates back to Ohio 2010:

CVS/Walgreen: P1 starts at ~$13, goes up by $1 per year. Kroger paid a dollar more.
Methodist hospital system: starts at $13 + weekend/shift differential, goes up ~3-4% each year

19/hr as a P1 (well P2 now since the first year is over) at PayLess LTC here in Oregon.

does anyone know if P1's can get an intern license and work in Texas (without being a certified tech)?

In Texas, you have to finish your first year of pharmacy school before you can get your intern license. If you would like to work in a pharmacy prior to starting school or during school you would have to register with the State Board as a tech in training or get the actual tech license.

MN Chain

P1 - $12
P2 - $13
P3 - $14

MN Hospital

P1 - $17
P2 - $18
P3 - $21

Hi SDN! I'm a PY4 doing a project for my rotations. What is the pharmacy student intern rate at a long term care facility and a mail order pharmacy? Any help would be great! Thanks so much =D

I found rates for pharmd, techs and interns in retail and hospital, but long term care and mail order is a bit more harder to find..

I'm working as a P1 intern at a pharmacy that services long term care centers, special nursing care facilities, and home health agencies in Utah. I'm making $15 an hour currently and was told that I would get raises about once a year and by P4 would be making around $20 an hour.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using SDN Mobile

Irrelevant questions... it depends on where you live.

I will start my intern pay rate in August with CVS. Is that something that I can negotiate with management since my responsibility is much higher compared to the other interns at my store. I do inventory, scheduling, various other things, and the regular tech duties plus all the other interns are noobs and aren't very good yet. Is this something I should discuss with my DM?

Also I am going to LECOM which is a 3 year pathway. Does anyone have experience of how they change your pay rate through out those 3 years.

I will start my intern pay rate in August with CVS. Is that something that I can negotiate with management since my responsibility is much higher compared to the other interns at my store. I do inventory, scheduling, various other things, and the regular tech duties plus all the other interns are noobs and aren't very good yet. Is this something I should discuss with my DM?

Also I am going to LECOM which is a 3 year pathway. Does anyone have experience of how they change your pay rate through out those 3 years.

In my experience CVS will not budge on intern pay rate at all but good luck! And I do not know how they will handle being in a three-year program.

Does anyone know what Target pays their interns out in the Midwest?

Wanted to bump this-- Does anyone know of pay rates in Northern VA/ DC area?

I worked 2 years ago with CVS, did not work last summer due to other issues, and now that I am back with CVS, they are paying me the same as 2 years ago and keep saying that that is the correct rate :confused: