Payback is a b****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How sweet it is.

Some of you might remember me from my run-in with my company commander (who is a nurse) and his sidekick first sergeant over not signing some piece of paper last fall. They stood me at attention for over an hour while they berated me (together) and threatened me with deployment, etc.

Well, due to repeated errors on his part, this company commander has been removed from his post and is now a ward nurse in my hospital. I just so happen to be working on the wards this month.

He doesn't seem to remember who I am, but has that same A-hole attitude. I'm watching him like a hawk in hopes of catching some patient-care mistakes. This ought to be fun.

Just thought I'd catch you up.

Members don't see this ad.

How sweet it is.

Some of you might remember me from my run-in with my company commander (who is a nurse) and his sidekick first sergeant over not signing some piece of paper last fall. They stood me at attention for over an hour while they berated me (together) and threatened me with deployment, etc.

Well, due to repeated errors on his part, this company commander has been removed from his post and is now a ward nurse in my hospital. I just so happen to be working on the wards this month.

He doesn't seem to remember who I am, but has that same A-hole attitude. I'm watching him like a hawk in hopes of catching some patient-care mistakes. This ought to be fun.

I don't know the whole story...nonetheless, I'd forget about it and move on...the military is no place to burn any bridges...do your time, get out and NEVER look back:thumbup:

I don't know the whole story...nonetheless, I'd forget about it and move on...the military is no place to burn any bridges...do your time, get out and NEVER look back:thumbup:
Poppycock. Given how people walk around on egg shells, the military seems to be EXACTLY the place for this.

turkish, glad you've been able to get into the refrigerator for a very chilly dish indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)

Probably good advice. Regardless, I'd keep some 1811's on hand and ready to be dished out.

These people never learn. If you try and hang it over their head, they won't learn their lesson, only be more bitter. This is very easy for me to say being a disremoved party. Being an ex-sub officer, I would be waiting for a way to clandenstinely hammer the dude. Anonymity is the key, get a patient to complain about his attitude. In fact, get more than one. Anything less will just means he is putting in his time for promotion. Man am I looking forward to the day a nurse or even better a MSC is telling me my business as far as being an officer. I hope my warfare pin jumps off my chest and bites them when they tell me how I should be a physician and turn in my stupid paperwork and submit the stupid AHLTA note.

Poppycock. Given how people walk around on egg shells, the military seems to be EXACTLY the place for this.

turkish, glad you've been able to get into the refrigerator for a very chilly dish indeed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How sweet it is.

Kinda sad that you care about this tool bro. You'll be happier if you can make these sort of *****s completely irrelevant to your professional life. They can yell if they want, but it is soooooo hard to actually get in trouble as a physician. Advice I received in a prior life: when being yelled at by a military *****, try staring at his left ear, you are not quite looking away, not quite making eye contact, its fun. Plus, no matter how bad, nurses stick together and you would never want to be perceived as trying to get one of them by the rest. I'd try to let it go.

I'd try to let it go.

Of course... that's always the best policy. Then again, that's easy for me to say; I wasn't the object of the abuse, and I'm not really the vengeful sort anyway.

That said, it sounds like he was gratuitously abusive toward you, so if an opportunity was dropped in your lap where you could covertly smite him, plenty of otherwise-forgiving people would consider letting the hammer fall...

Don't just drop the Hammer of Justice, thrust it down upon this dirtbag. The nurses are a powerful mafia. Taking one down would be quite an accomplishment.

Yeah, I should let it go. But doing a few things to mess with this guy's month just might make my ward days go by a little faster. One more month until intern year is over, you gotta let me have a little fun.

try this.

Do a back track on every a$$hole in that place that has ever accessed your electronic medical record.

Anybody that didn't have a reason to be in there or a need to know, boom, tell them you're going to HIPPA, then you're filing an ethics complaint with their respective state boards.

I was able to get the orders I wanted in about 24 hours after I did that.

turkish, do you know what "Nemesis" means? :laugh:

this is exactly the reason im paying back my time as a GMO and getting out of the military healthcare system. rank becomes a podium for nurse vs Dr vs MSC ad nauseam.

sounds like this was up at Bremerton, no?