PAYE-change in income?

Started by rsha03
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rsha03

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm a PGY-2 who did her transitional year out of state and am currently earning less than I did as a PGY1. I opted for the PAYE and for automatic bill pay. However, I wanted to know if I can update my income with my servicer, or does it need to be after I file my taxes for this year? I hate to have automatic deductions (from my previous income) which was higher than my current income.

Thanks
 
Hi,
I'm a PGY-2 who did her transitional year out of state and am currently earning less than I did as a PGY1. I opted for the PAYE and for automatic bill pay. However, I wanted to know if I can update my income with my servicer, or does it need to be after I file my taxes for this year? I hate to have automatic deductions (from my previous income) which was higher than my current income.

Thanks

You can submit a new application for PAYE anytime your income changes. You will need to submit a paystub, and you usually just write on it how often you get paid (monthly, biweekly, etc.). So if it has dropped I would submit that now rather than wait until after you file taxes.