paying for school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

G3

Does anyone have any tips for creative funding for school. I was recently accepted and would like to consolidate a car loan and computer loan into my student loans.

Members don't see this ad.

That may prove a little difficult from what I hear. Generally, consumer debt can't be lumped in with student debt.

Yeh, from what i've heard, they don't give you financial aid/loans for car payments and credit card debts. Some schools even require good credit status and encourage you to eliminate debts before entering med school.

Several of my doctor friends made a good suggestion as I started - GET OUT OF DEBT!
Before returning to undergraduate studies after a brief break I worked to pay off debts. It's easier to concentrate on a midterm or final or studies in general when I'm not worrying about my loan or credit card payment.
If you can, you might consider taking 6 months or more before going to school and pour your money into paying off debts.
If not, find out exactly how much you can receive in student loans and if that will cover you. ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS!!!