Paying for Tests/Applications M3 and M4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickgirl390

I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any resources (like the Fee Assistance Program for MCAT/AMCAS) for current medical students? I’m a rising M3, looking for assistance on things like Step 2 CK/CS, UWorld, VSAS, ERAS, travel for interviews (assuming that’s a thing next year).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Federal loans will be your fee assistance. The full cost of attendance budgeted by your school is ample enough to cover these expenditures

Reactions: 5 users
You will most likely have to get loans like every other fellow broke ass student unless you get a school scholarship. They don't have a FAP for med students.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I already take out max loans, thanks for the responses though.

Your school should definitely cover CK and CS in your loans, and likely covers a UWorld subscription. I would ask financial aid for a breakdown of what exactly is supposed to be included in your loans so that you can budget properly. Your loans likely also cover ERAS and interview travels. Unfortunately, I think that most schools are still fairly behind the curve in terms of the reality of how many programs you need to apply to and interview with to be a viable applicant so the budget can definitely get tight. Thankfully since you're a rising M3 you should hopefully have time to save up as much as possible in the next year for those expenses.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused, how are you taking out max loans but still running out of money? I always took 20k under the max and still had money left over
I prefer not to discuss all my financials on a public forum.

Reactions: 1 users
I prefer not to discuss all my financials on a public forum.
I respect that. But I think the answer to your question is that such fee assistance programs are few and far between. Loans are likely your only solution.

As stated, there arent any things available other than loans/whatever other help you can get.

*asks a financial question on a public forum*

*gets asked for more info*

“I prefer not to discuss my financials on a public forum” :mad:

lolwut.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, OP did not ask for help budgeting. OP asked for help with OUTSIDE financial resources. Please understand the difference. Lets respect their privacy and not ask invasive financial questions. You have no idea what the reason is why that person's expenses are at max. What if they are taken care of a family member? What if they have prior debts that they are paying off? we dont know and it is none of our business. All we need to help him/her with is simply answer the question about financial resources that could be available. thats it.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks everyone, I think the question has been answered!

Lol , hell no.

They expect you come from a rich family and have the means to drop this cash at will.
Or take out loans like the rest of the sorry a**es

Wait until the beginning of intern year, where you are expected to move (maybe across the country), put down rent/deposit and pay close to 1000 on licensing fees well before you get your first paycheck :)

Lol , hell no.

They expect you come from a rich family and have the means to drop this cash at will.
Or take out loans like the rest of the sorry a**es

Wait until the beginning of intern year, where you are expected to move (maybe across the country), put down rent/deposit and pay close to 1000 on licensing fees well before you get your first paycheck :)
Lol, I’ve moved across the country twice before. It’s so expensive

My school financial aid office includes exams in the budget and also allocates an extra $5k for 4th year students who are interviewing. Double-check with your school whether something like this exists for you. Students in my year are wanting to know whether they're still eligible for that $5k this year, given our interviews are likely to be virtual. I think the truth is that money is tight for many and they could use it for other expenses even if we don't have to travel this year to interview.

Definitely talk to your financial aid office. I have heard of some classmates getting their loan amounts adjusted or the office finding grants/scholarships for them.