paying the amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lissa1217

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might sound like a really stupid question but do you have to pay for your application when you submit it or not until it's verified? If you add more schools after you submit it then do you have to charge another $30 each time like ordering clothes online? Actually maybe I should just send them an atm card and password so they can just draw money from my account. Does anyone else think that the amount of money it costs to apply to schools through amcas- even before secondaries, interviews, and everything else- is completely ridiculous? :mad:

oops i meant to put this on the pre-allo forum!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to pay the money before its verified!! And YES, it seems like a bit much $$!!

the $$ seems high to me bc im actually the one INPUTING the data/info..what are they doing..licking estamps????
oh i forgot..they are checking that i dont lie..well $900 is a lot of $$ to check if i'm a liar ..esp since i am also paying for any possible evidence (transcripts at $10/pop)
go figure....

DPG-

Great point. The beauty of AMCAS is one application gets you to most schools. Other than that, I don't see the dollars and cents value for what we're paying.

dc