Will AACOMAS and AMCAS automatically send my new MCAT score to schools I already applied to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoc911

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, AMCAS and AACOMAS just received my new MCAT score and I am wondering if it will automatically be sent to schools that I already submitted to or if I need to email them.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It gets updated, but you may need to inform schools that you repeated the exam and to look for a new score once it's released.

Reactions: 1 user
AMCAS will because both the AMCAS and MCAT through the AAMC, AACOMAS won't because it's not part of the AAMC.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I plan to retake the MCAT in January or February of 2021. Will schools be able to see this score when it’s released and could I still be considered for admission this cycle?
Also does anyone know how I would update my application on AMCAS if the 2021 dates aren’t out yet?

I plan to retake the MCAT in January or February of 2021. Will schools be able to see this score when it’s released and could I still be considered for admission this cycle?
Also does anyone know how I would update my application on AMCAS if the 2021 dates aren’t out yet?
All AMCAS schools see all scores when they are available. However, if you are complete now, it is highly unlikely that any school will wait until February (when a January score will be available) to review you. There is no February test, so just forget that!

Call a few schools and see what they say. They will probably tell you it's not going to happen, because it's another test year, meant for another cycle. Someone posted that Penn would wait for a January score, but I think that was for a first score, not a retake. And, no, you cannot update your app now until dates are released next month, but, again, February is after all MD deadlines, so it's unlikely anyone is going to wait until then to review you.

In any event, by February just about all IIs will have been issued, so what exactly are you trying to accomplish by trying to apply this cycle but not be complete until February 2021?