PBA class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I found out a few students got in for the 2013 class without PCATs and were missing prereqs. What's going on with this school? Weren't they just on probation?

I highly doubt that people accepted were missing prerequisites. Where did you "find out" this bad information?

It always seemed strange to me to try and combine faith with science education, since that is the opposite of what science is, but do as you please.

This statement makes you look extremely ignorant, but do as you please.

Members don't see this ad.

I highly doubt that people accepted were missing prerequisites. Where did you "find out" this bad information?

This statement makes you look extremely ignorant, but do as you please.

Why don't you call the admissions office and ask them about it. If they lie about it then they it is just sad. My "bad info" is from the most reliable source you will find, someone inside.

Members don't see this ad :)
If any of you are still looking for apartment, I have apartment for rent just $900. 2 b, 1.5 bth right on the water, pool, cable and water included, gated and 8 minutes away from PBA or downtown west palm beach. I am also P2 student. if you want to buy books for lower price, pm me.

So I found out a few students got in for the 2013 class without PCATs and were missing prereqs. What's going on with this school? Weren't they just on probation?

yep i know a guy that did that and it pissed me off, I didnt believe him at first. that means that I couldve applied and gotten in, i thought u couldnt even apply if u didnt have those things? or do they let u apply without a PCAT?

btw would any of you happen to know if there are any pharmacies hiring or allowing shadowing in the west palm beach area? cuz im sick of searching and not finding anything.

I don't know much about pba, but from this alone they don't seem credible at all. From reading the privious posts and speaking to a friend, pba basically was short a large amount of incoming P1's, so they basically took anyone willing to pay their outrageous tuition even thou they had insufficient prereqs and some I heard did not even take the pcats. I didn't even apply to this school and im glad I did not, its disturbing to know people slipped in the cracks just because the institution is more concerned about their finances rather than the quality of the student body.
;(
Cangri one to my knowledge there are really not many places hiring with so many schools pumping out graduates the market is at its saturation point. :(

Has anybody heard anything from PBA for this years admissions cycle (class of 2014)?

I had my pharmcas app sent early this month and i completed the supplemental in july but i havent had any emails of confirmation or anything.

Okay... so I'm confused now. Are you saying that these students who haven't completed all of the prerequisites are fully admitted and will begin pharmacy school at PBA without ever finishing them? Or are you saying that they were simply "conditionally admitted" until they do finish them (presumably this past summer). I'm just wondering because the "conditionally admitted" thing makes sense being that many schools accept students who still have courses in progress.

As for them calling well into the summer... I know someone who got accepted to NSU COP in August a few years ago, and they were called about a week before classes started.

And yes, PBA will consider a lower GPA if you have a decent PCAT.

my friend got into PBA without a PCAT score...which is so ridiculous. i heard that they didnt have enough people so they starting calling around seeing who wanted to fill in those last spots left.

Hey :) Congrats everyone!

I'm 22, female, and commuting from Martin County. I agree with MindOverMatter, don't dorm on campus. The rules are just ridiculous-everyone complains about being treated like you're 13 at a Christian summer camp. A few of my friends found some great apartments that are nice and not so expensive on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and some in the Gardens area if you're going to have a car. Good luck- see you in August! :)

Just wondering if you can give a little more information on the apartments near campus. I currently attend PBA and would like to rent close to campus. thanks

If any of you are still looking for apartment, I have apartment for rent just $900. 2 b, 1.5 bth right on the water, pool, cable and water included, gated and 8 minutes away from PBA or downtown west palm beach. I am also P2 student. if you want to buy books for lower price, pm me.

My roommate and I would be interested for the Fall 2010? PM me if still open.