PBA Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya sooo pretty sure it's very bad news for me. I e-mailed Carrie and she said a letter with my decision was sent out this week. Obviously she would've called and told me or told me there if I was in. G/L everyone else! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Ya sooo pretty sure it's very bad news for me. I e-mailed Carrie and she said a letter with my decision was sent out this week. Obviously she would've called and told me or told me there if I was in. G/L everyone else! :(

What are your stats like?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats like?

3.1 GPA, 73 PCAT, 4 years Walgreens (certified), 2 recs from pharmacists (1 manager), 1 from bio2 professor, and 1 from my pastor. Also, I have been a volunteer for the past year at the animal shelter and I THOUGHT my interview went really well. I know my stats aren't great great but I figured if I got an interview they must not have thought them so bad either!

I'm so confused. I called Carrie today and she just kinda talked about how they can't do anything until the Dean tells them the final answer, and how he was out last week and has applications piling up. She did say that some letters may have been sent out yesterday, but didn't tell me anything specific to my application. Last time I wrote her, i didn't get an answer. What did you say in your email? Let me know what the outcome is if you receive your letter soon. Doesn't make sense to me because I interviewed 2 weeks before you lol.. I really don't know what is going on, its been 5 weeks now!:confused:

Ya, I felt like why can't you just tell me?? BUT like I said she told me they sent out my letter so yours should still be in the dean's office, since she obviously knows who does have decisions made. I just asked her if she had any updates and how I would find out whichever way. I mean she's the one who calls with acceptances so I know I didn't get in. Good luck though, you still have a chance!!

I hope I still have a chance, but who knows. I'll definitely post if I find anything out. Let me know when you find out your decision. Your stats are actually a little better than mine, which is why I doubt I'll have a good answer. But hey, you may have been placed as an alternate. I don't know how true this is, but a couple different people said that last year they pulled a ton of people off of the alternate list as it got closer to school starting. Don't quote me on that, though :oops:.

I'm hoping alternate, it's just so late now I mean they prob are only interviewing so many more people which is why they put people on the alternate list in the first place I would think! I'll let you know, I would think tomorrow I should get the letter if they already sent it out. :xf:

3.1 GPA, 73 PCAT, 4 years Walgreens (certified), 2 recs from pharmacists (1 manager), 1 from bio2 professor, and 1 from my pastor. Also, I have been a volunteer for the past year at the animal shelter and I THOUGHT my interview went really well. I know my stats aren't great great but I figured if I got an interview they must not have thought them so bad either!

Your stats are definitely not bad, if I remember correctly the dean of pharmacy mentioned on his presentation that the average GPA of their students for the 2008 year was between 3.1 to 3.2. He didn't mention PCAT averages, but 73 is not a bad score. You are in very good shape as far as extracurriculars go.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions if I were you.

Your stats are definitely not bad, if I remember correctly the dean of pharmacy mentioned on his presentation that the average GPA of their students for the 2008 year was between 3.1 to 3.2. He didn't mention PCAT averages, but 73 is not a bad score. You are in very good shape as far as extracurriculars go.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions if I were you.

Guys don't feel bummed, even if you got on a waiting list. I know people that have been called literally 2 weeks before classes started. I've heard that many people that initially accept the offer, decline it later when they get accepted into other schools that are cheaper. PBA is a great school and i'm very happy that they accepted me, but they r very expensive so a lot of people opt out towards the end. Good luck!

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Got my letter today, alternate list. I don't feel too bad, at least there's still a little bit of a chance :rolleyes:. I loved PBA also.. I withdrew my application from Nova after the interview at PBA because I knew i wanted to go there, even if I have to wait another year. Only thing left to do now is wait.... again :).

Yeah, your chances are still pretty good on the alternate list. Like miamifl mentioned, a lot of people withdraw from PBA at the last minute due to tuition costs. A real shame if you ask me, it's the nicest school I've interviewed at so far.

Guys don't feel bummed, even if you got on a waiting list. I know people that have been called literally 2 weeks before classes started. I've heard that many people that initially accept the offer, decline it later when they get accepted into other schools that are cheaper. PBA is a great school and i'm very happy that they accepted me, but they r very expensive so a lot of people opt out towards the end. Good luck!

PBA is a nice/beautiful school... I remember last year's admission cycle a lot of alternates were taken off the list so... Good Luck guys! I think you have a really good chance if you're on the list. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So how does alternate work? As some people decline the offer do they just go back and review all of the applications again? Or is there like an ongoing ranking system..?

I believe alternates are put on a "top to bottom" kind of list based on whatever I guess, maybe stats or interview itself, or a combination. So then as people decline they go down the list or alternates.

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Got my letter today, alternate list. I don't feel too bad, at least there's still a little bit of a chance :rolleyes:. I loved PBA also.. I withdrew my application from Nova after the interview at PBA because I knew i wanted to go there, even if I have to wait another year. Only thing left to do now is wait.... again :).

Got my letter..alternate too. I feel like queen of the alternates. Lecom and PBa are my top choices too. Would be hard not to accept somewhere else though if I do get in. Yay for waiting...bright side is not having to pay a deposit yet lol.

Hey guys, I am going in this friday for my interview at PBA, can anyone tell me what type of questions they asked you and was the process very lax or uptight.

Stats- 3.18 GPA

PCAT 74 composite
88 chemistry
80 biology
74 quant
50 vocab
49 reading

I am also hoping that my pcat and GPA is similar to what hey are looking for... if anyone has any insight.

The interview process for PBA was very lax..... they ask all the typical questions of pharmacy interviews nothing out of the ordinary.

mine was a little religion-set..even asked me if I was open to convert..but other than that norm. Closed-file interview.

yep alternate too..

LECOM- accepted :highfive:
PBA -alternate :confused:
NOVA- interviewed and waiting:xf::xf:

i just had my interview yesterday. i was pretty amazed with PBA. Hopefully i find out an answer asap. if i get accepted im going to withdraw my NOVA interview.

feb 16..hopefully I will hear something soon.. Ms. Nappi says in the next 2 weeks:xf::xf:

Is there anyone going to PBA Pharmacy that needs a roommate? I am looking to move to west palm beach from Miami and I need ppl to live with. I am a female so I am more comfortable moving in with someone the same sex. Thanks! :)

Not sure if this still applies, but I know last year PBA had a no-cohabitation rule which prevented students living with the opposite sex. I heard some did anyway, but I'd just keep that in mind since I'm sure no one wants to get in trouble for that.

Not sure if this still applies, but I know last year PBA had a no-cohabitation rule which prevented students living with the opposite sex. I heard some did anyway, but I'd just keep that in mind since I'm sure no one wants to get in trouble for that.

I spoke to them and they said it is OK to live with opposite sex since we will be living off campus, but either way I rather live with someone the same sex.

I spoke to them and they said it is OK to live with opposite sex since we will be living off campus, but either way I rather live with someone the same sex.

Oh well I guess they must have changed it from last year because a student told me it applied to off campus as well so they had to give different mailing addresses to the school. I live with my boyfriend which is why it was of interest to me.

when did carrie say we would find out whether or not we get accepted?

I just got accepted today... my interview date was on March 5th so good luck

Do any of you guys know if theres more interviews left? I havent heard of anything and I was wondering how many spots has been taken up. Thanks

Is anyone applying for financial aid/student loans for PBA?

hey am a female and i aslo jst got accepted into pba and am trying to look for an apartment close to the school....maybe who can room together.....please reply if u can.....

Do any of you guys know if theres more interviews left? I havent heard of anything and I was wondering how many spots has been taken up. Thanks
I think they're still conducting interviews. Several months ago I applied to 3 schools through pharmCAS (one being PBA) and interviewed at two of them very recently, so I don't know my status yet. I never bothered to write my supplemental app to PBA since it was $80, I didn't want to do yet another essay, and the school's tuition turned me off.

About 2 weeks ago I got an e-mail from PBA telling me they hadn't received my supplemental yet and to do it. I was surprised because I thought it was at least a month past the application date. I ignored it, but then a week ago I got a phone call from their admissions office asking if I was still interested in submitting my supplemental app. Why not, I pounded out my essay a few days ago and said goodbye to $80 :cry:

I'll be sure to post here what happens: I'm sure the alternates are anxious to hear about every person that gets rejected or declines from their acceptance :laugh:

i'm declining my acceptance also and not paying my deposit fee that is due this week, so that will yet another spot open for you guys :)

Carrie called me about a week and half after the interview and told me that i had been accepted.... they also sent me a letter in the mail

I think they're still conducting interviews. Several months ago I applied to 3 schools through pharmCAS (one being PBA) and interviewed at two of them very recently, so I don't know my status yet. I never bothered to write my supplemental app to PBA since it was $80, I didn't want to do yet another essay, and the school's tuition turned me off.

About 2 weeks ago I got an e-mail from PBA telling me they hadn't received my supplemental yet and to do it. I was surprised because I thought it was at least a month past the application date. I ignored it, but then a week ago I got a phone call from their admissions office asking if I was still interested in submitting my supplemental app. Why not, I pounded out my essay a few days ago and said goodbye to $80 :cry:

I'll be sure to post here what happens: I'm sure the alternates are anxious to hear about every person that gets rejected or declines from their acceptance :laugh:

Yes, something similar happened to me.. I was very surprised to have received a phone call from them even though I never submitted my supplemental. They said they liked me on paper and that if I'm interested, I could still submit a supplemental and attend an interview. They mentioned that they had only a few interview spots left and was looking for the right candidate to fill it. I felt deeply honored and appreciative of their interest, and they sounded so kind and hospitable, that it became a difficult decision for me to make right away. I'm sad that I probably won't be able to go though, because it means more expenses for plane tickets, and then another seat deposit IF I get the seat. So, I just want to say, for those who have decent stats and are interested in their program, to definitely express your interest. They would be happy to have a conversation with you. I've also heard many great things said about the faculty and overall satisfaction of the students at PBA. I only wish it was closer to my home. Best wishes to everyone. :)

Yes, something similar happened to me.. I was very surprised to have received a phone call from them even though I never submitted my supplemental. They said they liked me on paper and that if I'm interested, I could still submit a supplemental and attend an interview. They mentioned that they had only a few interview spots left and was looking for the right candidate to fill it. I felt deeply honored and appreciative of their interest, and they sounded so kind and hospitable, that it became a difficult decision for me to make right away. I'm sad that I probably won't be able to go though, because it means more expenses for plane tickets, and then another seat deposit IF I get the seat. So, I just want to say, for those who have decent stats and are interested in their program, to definitely express your interest. They would be happy to have a conversation with you. I've also heard many great things said about the faculty and overall satisfaction of the students at PBA. I only wish it was closer to my home. Best wishes to everyone. :)
Well, it was all for naught. They scheduled me for an interview but I'll be declining now. Good luck to the other applicants!

anyone know how many interview dates are left?

My interview was March 19th, they called me a little over a week after

I scheduled my interview on April 19th....I don't know how many interview dates are left...but I'm very excited for the opportunity!!!

Congratulations to someone who had been accepted !! And good news for others still in waiting list. I would decline my seat. This means that there is one more seat available for who in the WL. :luck:

had an interview on 04/23. anyone had an interview then?

Does anyone know by chance how, or if, they have prioritize their alternate list? I am currently on their alternate list. I have been accepted to two other schools but PBA is my first choice. It has been so hard trying to make moving decisions while waiting on them to give me a def answer:(

Does anyone know by chance how, or if, they have prioritize their alternate list? I am currently on their alternate list. I have been accepted to two other schools but PBA is my first choice. It has been so hard trying to make moving decisions while waiting on them to give me a def answer:(
No idea! I e-mailed her a couple weeks ago asking for any information and where I should send my spring transcripts. She just said that they hadn't activated the alternate list. So maybe they are full and won't activate/rank it until people decline their seats. G/L I'm waiting to hear from one other school and most likely will not attend PBA even if I get offered a seat.

I was accepted off of the alternate list today :) You guys were right, being on the alternate list is definitely not the end of the world. Good luck to the rest of you on there!

did they call or email you?

Congrats to you! That's awsome! I'm also on the alternate list, I hope to get in too!