PC laptop recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1012097

I am in need of a new laptop and I am looking for some recommendations.

I can’t afford MacBook so I was thinking about buying a pc. I really prefer to not spend more than $600.

Are pretty much any pc laptop that are out nowadays good for medical school? (Hp, dell, Lenovo etc)

I heard many good things about surface pro? But I heard that it’s more of a tablet and it can be hard to type at times? Is this true?

Please let me know thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools include money for a laptop in the first year of loans, and some schools have specific laptop requirements. Can you wait to buy a new one?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you need something now, I would get something to hold you over, but research what laptops the schools you are applying to allow, just in case you do not get an allowance. I am biased but I am a fall of ASUS; Dell is good too.

From a quick google search (and common sense), anything you plan on buying should be good. Don't buy a computer that only runs on Linux or a Chromebook and you should be good.

Here is UVA's computer requirement for reference

Edit: just reread what I wrote and it sounded a bit condescending. Totally didn't mean for that. Moreso meant that medical schools don't really expect students to be more computer savvy than the average person.

Last edited: