PCAT consideration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickmtz5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay well, I am one of those people with a high GPA (Cumm - 3.9 Science - 4.0) but I have a low PCAT score (30). Will the schools take into consideration that I haven't taken all the science and bio classes taken needed to do well on the PCAT? I am barely taking Ochem I and I still need Ochem 2, microbiology, and bio chem...

Members don't see this ad.

you took some really rigorous classes to prepare for the pcat like gen chem and gen bio

you took some really rigorous classes to prepare for the pcat like gen chem and gen bio

Good one. Some of us are applying after 2 years of school. Sorry I didn't do 6 years of undergrad and finally realize I wanted to do pharmacy. Doucher

Members don't see this ad :)
Good one. Some of us are applying after 2 years of school. Sorry I didn't do 6 years of undergrad and finally realize I wanted to do pharmacy. Doucher

someone is getting a little defensive, you just sound really prepared for pharmacy school with such a high pcat score. 30 is up there

Okay well, I am one of those people with a high GPA (Cumm - 3.9 Science - 4.0) but I have a low PCAT score (30). Will the schools take into consideration that I haven't taken all the science and bio classes taken needed to do well on the PCAT? I am barely taking Ochem I and I still need Ochem 2, microbiology, and bio chem...

I don't know what the hell is going on here. Chill out.

anyways, my answer will be no. They will just look at your PCAT score..not background. I suggest you to retake.. with collins and kaplan review. or just apply non-pcat school

someone is getting a little defensive, you just sound really prepared for pharmacy school with such a high pcat score. 30 is up there

Lol oh look another internet tough guy. Get a life

Unfortunately, I don't think that schools will take that into consideration at all.

In fact, they may wonder why you took the PCAT without taking all of the pre-reqs. Students can do well without taking all of the pre-reqs, but I would imagine that the Chemistry and the Biology section would be incredibly tough without OChem, Anatomy, and Microbiology.

What pre-reqs have you taken up to this point?

You really need to retake the PCAT.

I don't know what the hell is going on here. Chill out.

i like school because we grow tomatoes on the floor and eat munchy fries

kid kudi you chill out you chili bean. why would you grow a tomato on the floor