Pcat Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovePharmD2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the PCAT Destroyer? Any insight is greatly appreciated. I need all the help I can get to prepare for the Pcat.

Members don't see this ad.

I am using the pcat destroyer along with kaplan review, to prepare for the pcat in august. From what I have experienced with the book has an extensive review of the basic topics that should appear on the pcat. I would recommend purchasing. Hope this helps, good luck! :)

Hi, I actually bought both the PCAT destroyer and Kaplans and I'm going through both of them. I personally like how the PCAT destroyer is organized and it seems like to me the explanations in the PCAT destroyer are easier to understand and better put. I personally noticed that I'm more inclined to open up the PCAT destroyer and going through those problems than kaplans. Hope this helped, if you have any more questions post up a reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks all for the insights. I'm leaning more towards purchasing this book. The Kaplan book isn't as much help for me as i expected. I'm looking for something that is much deeper and easy to understand.

Where can I purchase the PCAT Destroyer? I checked both half. com and amazon, and no luck. Thanks

For anyone who has purchased the PCAT Destroyer, how many questions are in each section? I do not really want to spend 165$ if it does not have many questions to answer in each section.

PCAT Destroyer is too expensive for a study guide? Does it worth spending that much money on it? $164?

How many questions are for each section (Bio, Chem, Math)

Does it cover most of the concepts or topics tested on PCAT?

Are the Questions challenging?

How different is from CliffNotes?

And how many pages?

----- Your information appreciated! ---- Thanks!

P.S. I was planing on buying Kaplan Complete PCAT study kit, but I could not find the complete set on any website. Please if know/have one.

Hey, sorry if this post came in late but let me tell you whats covered in the PCAT destroyer. Organic chem, Gen Chem, Bio, quantativ, pre-cal and calc are all covered in it. Now the organic section has about 200 questions with the solutions and that covers the first section of the book about 120 pages with the solutions. The general Chem is the next section that also has about 200 questions and is about 110 pages with the solutions. The bio section has about 370 questions this includes microbio anatomy and gen bio basically what you need to know for PCAT. With the solutions its about 120 pages. Last section is quantative reasoning and it has about 150 questions. The section with the solutions is about 120 pages long. I know what your thinking it seems like alot of pages but it actually goes by very smooth since everything is so organized. I personally think its really good because you have some problems that are easy probably equivalant to the PCAT and then you get to problems that are hard, probably harder than the PCAT questions so I think I'd be standing very well if I can nail down the hard problems in this book. The reason I really enjoy the book is because the explanations to each question not only gives you the reason of why the answer is the answer but it also talks about the question as a whole so you get more of an understanding of what is going on. Then again I'm still using exam crackers for the verbal part. If anyone got anymore questions post up a thread.
Good Luck!! :)

Hey, sorry if this post came in late but let me tell you whats covered in the PCAT destroyer. Organic chem, Gen Chem, Bio, quantativ, pre-cal and calc are all covered in it. Now the organic section has about 200 questions with the solutions and that covers the first section of the book about 120 pages with the solutions. The general Chem is the next section that also has about 200 questions and is about 110 pages with the solutions. The bio section has about 370 questions this includes microbio anatomy and gen bio basically what you need to know for PCAT. With the solutions its about 120 pages. Last section is quantative reasoning and it has about 150 questions. The section with the solutions is about 120 pages long. I know what your thinking it seems like alot of pages but it actually goes by very smooth since everything is so organized. I personally think its really good because you have some problems that are easy probably equivalant to the PCAT and then you get to problems that are hard, probably harder than the PCAT questions so I think I'd be standing very well if I can nail down the hard problems in this book. The reason I really enjoy the book is because the explanations to each question not only gives you the reason of why the answer is the answer but it also talks about the question as a whole so you get more of an understanding of what is going on. Then again I'm still using exam crackers for the verbal part. If anyone got anymore questions post up a thread.
Good Luck!! :)
Thanks for the info, lev zev! The book worth the money [$165]. I am buying it.

And by the way, is anyone taking or finished taking Kaplan course? If so, I want to buy you the complete set books and/or flashcards from that course. Let me know! Taking the August PCAT!

Peace!

No Problem.... I'm also taking th PCAT in Aug... I dont know if I mentioned that but Good Luck! :)

hii.. i am taking my PCATS in january.. i wanted to know if anyone is currently using the PCAT destroyer. is it a book or an online course? if its a book i was interested in buying it if anyone is selling it. also, is it true that the kaplan review books make u overprepared for the pcat? i am planning to sign up for the entire packet..

im takin my PCAT in jan, i have graduated for abt a year now and dont remember most of my science..so was wondering..if i buy the pcat destroyer, will that be enough for me to do well in the pcat? or is kaplan course a better option?

im takin my PCAT in jan, i have graduated for abt a year now and dont remember most of my science..so was wondering..if i buy the pcat destroyer, will that be enough for me to do well in the pcat? or is kaplan course a better option?

The pcat destroyer only contains lots of practice questions to help you prepare for the pcat. It does not contain review notes, but the organic chemistry has some "road maps" that are very helpful in solving
reactants->products problems.

If anyone is interested in the pcat destroyer, PM me.

I really liked PCAT destroyer... but I feel like the orgo section was kind of useless. I haven't taken the real PCAT yet, but on the practice kaplan PCAT exams, they did not cover most of the material and problems from the destroyer.

I'm taking actual jun 19, i was wondering if anyone can let me in on some general topics of orgo that will b on the exam, besides naming ?

PCAT destroyer is great!Im taking PCAT in August and Im using Dr.Collins and the destroyer....Has anyone used the Exam Cracker for MCAT for the bio part? i hear its helpful but not sure if I should buy.

PCAT destroyer is great!Im taking PCAT in August and Im using Dr.Collins and the destroyer....Has anyone used the Exam Cracker for MCAT for the bio part? i hear its helpful but not sure if I should buy.

It can't hurt. I only used the Kaplan guide and my old notes to study for the PCAT, and I scored lowest on biology. I'd say the Kaplan guide isn't the best, but I think others have said far worse.

I did use something called Audiolearn from iTunes. If you search PCAT, it pops up. It's just an audio study guide, so I'd listen to it any time I was driving.

It can't hurt. I only used the Kaplan guide and my old notes to study for the PCAT, and I scored lowest on biology. I'd say the Kaplan guide isn't the best, but I think others have said far worse.

I did use something called Audiolearn from iTunes. If you search PCAT, it pops up. It's just an audio study guide, so I'd listen to it any time I was driving.
Ok thank you for your help! Btw how did you study for Orgo chem? That's my weakest subject and to be honest I don't remember any of it ahhhhh I'm so nervous

I'm leaning towards purchasing the PCAT destroy by Dr. Romano. However, would any pre-pharm students feel comfortable sharing their scores after using this book as well as how many hours/time devoted to study?

Thanks