iwannabpharmer

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hi, had a quick question. i've heard from some students that taking the pcat numerous times may not be good on one's application. i think i have taken the exam about 4 times. one was for practice. i scored in the mid-80's. would i want to take it again?

GRslp

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I've taken the PCAT 5 times! Each time I've improved. This last time, my composite was 86. I'm very happy about my last score. I don't plan on taking it again.

suppaman808

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
You can take it as many times as you want and they will take the highest score. Don't take it again if you already scored in the 80's.

Do all schools that require the PCAT take the highest score? I don't remember reading that anywhere but I may have just missed it.

About the Ads

suppaman808

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Thanks...I too was wondering if I should retake it to raise my super low reading score (28:thumbdown: ) but didn't want to end up lowering my composite of 85.

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I wouldn't bother retaking it if you have a composite of an 85 already. Some schools do look at all sections, but most schools only look with the composite score with the emphasis on the science sections. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. I had a 28 on my reading section too. I even got in before my January PCAT was released. My composite score before that was a 59.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.