PCAT not required

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The COOLER

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all,
I was just wondering, if schools say PCAT not required, like in CA, does it look bad if you never attempt a PCAT and just apply? Like, will the admissions committee kind of look down on that and so that doesn't make you as competetive with other applicants?
 
So, if I don't take the PCAT, does that look bad? I know that some schools say certain courses aren't required but they recommend them anyways. It is like they are saying, we won't say that we won't consider you if you don't but these classes can give your application an extra boost. Is that the same way it is with the PCAT?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
South2006 said:
Now if your on the fence and a PCAT score of a 90 or higher shows up, i'm sure that could be a deciding factor

I have to agree with south completely.
Temple did require PCATs however, i submitted anyway, i am sure my score helped to get me into school. I think if you are good at test taking, you should go for it and get a good score. plus it is a lot easier than other professional school entry test.