PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beccala33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their scores yet? The reason I ask is because if my score is going to come soon, then I am not going to register for the Jan. pcat until I see how I did. If it really is going to take my score 2-3 more weeks to come, then I am going to register sometime this week.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I could tell you the number, but with all these folks posting 99th percentile scores, I kinda want to keep it to myself. I hope you understand.
I felt good about every section but math after I took it. It's been said over and over, but there's just not enough time for people like me that count with their fingers. I randomly answered the last 10 in that section.
I didn't put a number on my expectations, but I guess it fell in a range that makes sense.
Also, you dog is cute. It makes me laugh every time.[/

Could you elaborate on why people posting 99th percentile scores makes you want to keep the actual number of your score to yourself. If you want to keep your score to yourself then that is perfectly fine, but you are hinting all around, and trying to get everyone to play a game of "hot and cold" in an attempt to guess what you made.

I could give a crap what you made, but why are you discussing every single aspect of your scores, but at the same time refusing to give a number score?

Brock1385 said:
Could you elaborate on why people posting 99th percentile scores makes you want to keep the actual number of your score to yourself. If you want to keep your score to yourself then that is perfectly fine, but you are hinting all around, and trying to get everyone to play a game of "hot and cold" in an attempt to guess what you made.

I could give a crap what you made, but why are you discussing every single aspect of your scores, but at the same time refusing to give a number score?

That's right! I hate it when my friends do this also. I meant, I can understand it if your my friend and all our other friends got like 99th or something but shoot! We DON'T REALLY KNOW YOU. Who cares if your score is 99% or 4%? We just want to know out of curiosity since you have already said... ALMOST EVERYTHING. Let me guess, someone said you're got 85, you said it's a few points off, so i'm guessing you have around 80%. Right?

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
I wish they'd release stuff electronically like is done with the MCAT.

No kidding, why don't they? It seems like it would save their office a whole lot of grief - "Hi, I was just wondering, have my scores been sent out yet?....Well when do you think I might get them?..." etc

shoppe said:
That's right! I hate it when my friends do this also. I meant, I can understand it if your my friend and all our other friends got like 99th or something but shoot! We DON'T REALLY KNOW YOU. Who cares if your score is 99% or 4%? We just want to know out of curiosity since you have already said... ALMOST EVERYTHING. Let me guess, someone said you're got 85, you said it's a few points off, so i'm guessing you have around 80%. Right?

Sorry. I'm just trying to answer the questions comfortably and be nice. My score is my buisness. Sometimes posts with raw numbers can be discouraging to other people.
Just get your score in the mail today and move on. What I got will not affect you at all. :cool:

just got mine

June:
Verbal 418 78%
Biology 385 29%
Reading 463 99%
Quantitative 407 65%
Chemistry 385 28%
Composite 412 73%

Writing 5

October:
Verbal 416 75%
Biology 412 71%
Reading 438 94%
Quantitative 411 72%
Chemistry 414 74%
Composite 418 82%

Writing 3

If only I could have kept my 463 score from reading the first time!! Would have raised my composite at least 10 scaled score points. Somewhat disappointed with the essay since I thought it was about the same level as the first one. However, I was hoping for an 80, so I'm very happy. Didn't study any for it, but I plan to go all out for the Jan one. My goal is 90, so another 9 point increase and I'll have it.

Ender17 said:
just got mine

June:
Verbal 418 78%
Biology 385 29%
Reading 463 99%
Quantitative 407 65%
Chemistry 385 28%
Composite 412 73%

Writing 5

October:
Verbal 416 75%
Biology 412 71%
Reading 438 94%
Quantitative 411 72%
Chemistry 414 74%
Composite 418 82%

Writing 3

If only I could have kept my 463 score from reading the first time!! Would have raised my composite at least 10 scaled score points. Somewhat disappointed with the essay since I thought it was about the same level as the first one. However, I was hoping for an 80, so I'm very happy. Didn't study any for it, but I plan to go all out for the Jan one. My goal is 90, so another 9 point increase and I'll have it.

Congratulations!!! I would be incredibly happy with that score!

What state do you live in? I'm going out to the mailbox now to check if mine are there.

Stephie

I'm in Arlington, TX

Just got my mail and I got a 95% composite. Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Stephie said:
Congratulations!!! I would be incredibly happy with that score!

What state do you live in? I'm going out to the mailbox now to check if mine are there.

Stephie
Thanks. I live in Oklahoma.

b3b3cuti3 said:
I'm in Arlington, TX

Just got my mail and I got a 95% composite. Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Congratulations. Can you post your individual scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the U.S. Postal Service forgot about the rest of the country and only decided to deliver to the southwest.... :p :( :scared:

starsweet said:
I guess the U.S. Postal Service forgot about the rest of the country and only decided to deliver to the southwest.... :p :( :scared:

That must be true! No scores in NJ yet. If they don't come FRr. then I'll be worried.

starsweet said:

I'm in Temecula, CA and nothing yet.....

Just checked my scores in Mississippi. I got a 93 composite ;) . I have a question though. Does it matter that I didn't do as well in one of the sections as the others? If it does, then maybe I need to sign up to take the exam in January.

megrxgirl said:
ha ha ha....yeah right...they take off for EVERY holiday.
I seem to remember that someone posted something about Harcourt sending 2 batches of scores..........maybe that's true. Cruel, but possible.
At any rate, enjoy your Thanksgiving without your scores. I'm sure they'll be there soon. :)

Ender17 said:
just got mine

June:
Verbal 418 78%
Biology 385 29%
Reading 463 99%
Quantitative 407 65%
Chemistry 385 28%
Composite 412 73%

Writing 5

October:
Verbal 416 75%
Biology 412 71%
Reading 438 94%
Quantitative 411 72%
Chemistry 414 74%
Composite 418 82%

Writing 3

How did you improve your biology and chemistry scores so much without studying? Did both tests seem to be on the same "level"?

pharmd2b4 said:
Just checked my scores in Mississippi. I got a 93 composite ;) . I have a question though. Does it matter that I didn't do as well in one of the sections as the others? If it does, then maybe I need to sign up to take the exam in January.

With a 93 composite, I think you're just fine. I'm obviously not on an admissions committee and I'm simply giving my opinion but....
I would not retake the PCAT if my composite score was high AND I didn't score lower than 50 in any particular section.
An exception to this might be if English is your second language and you scored lower in verbal; I think schools take that into consideration but who knows.
I got an 86 percentile last year and my lowest section was a 64 in quantitative. I was accepted this year (reapplicant) but not due to retaking the PCAT (haven't received scores yet anyway so that 2nd time was sorta pointless). :)
Good luck and just start preparing for some interviews!

I live in North Texas and got my scores today.

Verbal 461 99%
Biology 466 99%
Reading Comp 425 85%
Quantitative 439 93%
Chemistry 446 96%
Composity 447 99%
Writing 4

Damn Reading Comp! I had to go to the bathroom during that section so I didn't get much time to double check my answers. I'm also pissed about the four on the writing. I thought I knocked that one out of the park. Oh well.

Studied Chem by browsing through my Gen Chem text book. Didn't study anything else. As for the Quant. section, I'm pretty weak in math, but my strategy was to go through as fast as I could, working out questions that looked familiar and guessing on anything that was time intensive or unfamiliar. I marked all the guesses with a question mark, then after I'd gotten completely through, I went back and tried to work out the marked ones. I actually had time to work through quite a few. Hope that helps someone.

Good luck to everyone. Sorry you had to wait a few more days. Guess that's just one more good reason to move to Texas. ;)

pharmd2b4 said:

Dang, I live in Mississippi too, but I didn't get my score today. Are you applying to ole miss this spring?

animal_lover said:
How did you improve your biology and chemistry scores so much without studying? Did both tests seem to be on the same "level"?
When I took the June test, I hadn't had any science classes in over a year. This semester I took Organic I, Zoolology, and General Biology. I've really learned a lot in Biology and I know I did better on the Organic questions. I need to study up on my Gen Chem, as it's been 4 years since I had it.
And yes, the tests seemed about equally difficult.

Why does it seem that almost everyone who posts on this board gets 90+?
Compared to the few friends who I've compared scores with, I know of only one person who got a 90, no one else I've talked to has gotten above 80.

Brock1385 said:
Dang, I live in Mississippi too, but I didn't get my score today. Are you applying to ole miss this spring?

Yes, I plan on applying there. Where do you stay? I'm in Jackson. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but I'm sure that you did well on the exam.

ndearwater said:
With a 93 composite, I think you're just fine. I'm obviously not on an admissions committee and I'm simply giving my opinion but....
I would not retake the PCAT if my composite score was high AND I didn't score lower than 50 in any particular section.
An exception to this might be if English is your second language and you scored lower in verbal; I think schools take that into consideration but who knows.
I got an 86 percentile last year and my lowest section was a 64 in quantitative. I was accepted this year (reapplicant) but not due to retaking the PCAT (haven't received scores yet anyway so that 2nd time was sorta pointless). :)
Good luck and just start preparing for some interviews!

Thanks, I was just wondering as it was my first time taking it.

pharmd2b4 said:
Yes, I plan on applying there. Where do you stay? I'm in Jackson. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but I'm sure that you did well on the exam.

I'm from southaven. I took the PCAT in oxford. Where did you take it the PCAT, and where do you go to school?

Brock1385 said:
I'm from southaven. I took the PCAT in oxford. Where did you take it the PCAT, and where do you go to school?

I took the exam at Millsaps, and I graduated from Tougaloo College.

pharmd2b4 said:
I took the exam at Millsaps, and I graduated from Tougaloo College.

I'll be taking my exam at Millsaps in January, did you stay in Jackson overnight? If not, how was traffic?

trinnieoh said:
I'll be taking my exam at Millsaps in January, did you stay in Jackson overnight? If not, how was traffic?

Since I'm from Jackson, travel wasn't a big issue, however, there were a lot of us there since there were a lot of evacuees from New Orleans. In fact, there were about 100 people taking the exam in October. If you have to travel to get to Jackson, I would advise you to stay overnight, so that you won't have any unexpected travel issues, unless you are within an hour or so away. Good luck on your exam in January.

NC,we got it today or at least I did

verbal 23
biol 77
reading 33
chemistry 99
quantitative 99
composite 96

i dont if my english scores are a problem. but english is my 3rd language and i studied 1 night before the test for this test so did not havet time to practice. anyways we will see how is the application process turns out. cya and good luck to you all.

Oct 2005
VA 413 72%
Bio 435 91%
RC 409 64%
QA 417 79%
Che 414 74%
Comp 418 82%
Writing 2
I'm concerned that I will not get into any of my schools. Anyone know my chances of getting into Rutgers, U. SoCal, U. San Diego, U. of the Pacific, Western U., Long Island U., U. Wash, U. Maryland, Northeastern U., and Albany?

ConfusedPrefarm said:
Oct 2005
VA 413 72%
Bio 435 91%
RC 409 64%
QA 417 79%
Che 414 74%
Comp 418 82%
Writing 2
I'm concerned that I will not get into any of my schools. Anyone know my chances of getting into Rutgers, U. SoCal, U. San Diego, U. of the Pacific, Western U., Long Island U., U. Wash, U. Maryland, Northeastern U., and Albany?

Most of the schools you just listed do not require the PCAT: San Diego, SoCal, Western, Long Island University, Albany, Washington, and Northeastern. I believe Maryland and Rutgers are the only 2 that look at PCAT scores. I'm not sure about Univ. of the Pacific. Hope this helps...

calrx said:
Most of the schools you just listed do not require the PCAT: San Diego, SoCal, Western, Long Island University, Albany, Washington, and Northeastern. I believe Maryland and Rutgers are the only 2 that look at PCAT scores. I'm not sure about Univ. of the Pacific. Hope this helps...

Did Univ of Washington change their requirements or something? They have require PCATS in the past.

Verbal 99
Biology 96
Reading 94
Math 90
Chemistry 90
Composite 98

I was worried about math and chemistry, as it's been 4 years since I'd had calculus, and 5 since I had organic chemistry.

Whew...not freaked out anymore. Let's hope UF likes it.

FutureRxGal said:
Did Univ of Washington change their requirements or something? They have require PCATS in the past.

Ooops, my bad.

SearsTower said:
I got a 96 composite, pathetic...

Are u kidding. I'd love a 96 composite. I'm also sure the 95% of the people that took the PCAT would love to have that score. Congrats.

SearsTower said:
My verbal, reading, Bio sections were low though, heh

Well, they all weren't low enough to lower your composite below 90 ;-) . Couldn't have been that bad.

Searstower

I hope I got this wrong but something in the way you typed make me feel like you are bragging about your score more than you are ashamed of them. Your comment may make others feel bad about their scores. If 96% is "pathetic" to you, then what about 79%, 89%, or even 95%. I would love to have 96% someday! hehe You remind me of this guy who got so upset that he got 98 on the test instead of a 100 when all those around him got like 70, 80. He got so piss and argued with the professor for almost an hour while other people in line who are in need of more serious points waiting for him to let it go. Nobody likes that guy. :) Can you see why?

shoppe said:
Searstower

I hope I got this wrong but something in the way you typed make me feel like you are bragging about your score more than you are ashamed of them. Your comment may make others feel bad about their scores. If 96% is "pathetic" to you, then what about 79%, 89%, or even 95%. I would love to have 96% someday! hehe You remind me of this guy who got so upset that he got 98 on the test instead of a 100 when all those around him got like 70, 80. He got so piss and argued with the professor for almost an hour while other people in line who are in need of more serious points waiting for him to let it go. Nobody likes that guy. :) Can you see why?

I completely AGREE with you shoppe. I don't think Searstower is sincere on any of his/her comments. We don't need people like Searstower on this thread. Seemed like all comments that came from Searstower were sarcastic, rude, mean...etc.....We're here to share experience, thoughts, advice on/about pharmacy. Geez, I sure don't want to talk to a future pharmacist with THAT attitude. Does anyone else??? Well, to wrap up, if you cannot share a comment Searstower, please by all mean, join another forum :thumbdown:

janbran said:
I completely AGREE with you shoppe. I don't think Searstower is sincere on any of his/her comments. We don't need people like Searstower on this thread. Seemed like all comments that came from Searstower were sarcastic, rude, mean...etc.....We're here to share experience, thoughts, advice on/about pharmacy. Geez, I sure don't want to talk to a future pharmacist with THAT attitude. Does anyone else??? Well, to wrap up, if you cannot share a comment Searstower, please by all mean, join another forum :thumbdown:

I agree. You all really should not waste your time responding to SearsTower. He/She is a borderline troll.