Pcat setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maryland89

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was just wondering after we complete each section does the timer automatically start for the new section. Or would a button be pressed to start the timer for the new section.
 
Hi, I was just wondering after we complete each section does the timer automatically start for the new section. Or would a button be pressed to start the timer for the new section.

My co-worker, who took it last year, said that it starts immediately after you push submit for that section. His advice, which I am going to take, is to take any extra time in a section to relax. Even if you've already reviewed the questions, just take the couple minutes to breath and prep yourself for the next section.
 
My co-worker, who took it last year, said that it starts immediately after you push submit for that section. His advice, which I am going to take, is to take any extra time in a section to relax. Even if you've already reviewed the questions, just take the couple minutes to breath and prep yourself for the next section.

dat is a great advice! thank you!,
 
Hi, I was just wondering after we complete each section does the timer automatically start for the new section. Or would a button be pressed to start the timer for the new section.

Yeah what jessica said is exactly right. I'd also like to add on that if you have a few minutes left and feel like you do not need to review or relax, you can keep on trucking thus finishing the test faster.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know if my poor verbal/reading comprehension score will stop me from getting an interview at UIC. Thanks

I took pcat thursday. my scores where:
Verbal 18
R.C. 26
Q.A. 72
Bio 89
Chem 93

Comp 68

I volunteer year round at a YMCA in chicago, I volunteer as a summer camp teacher at salvation army every monday and tuesday from 8-1pm. I work as a sterilization assistant at an oral surgery clinic, Last summer I worked as a CNA at a nursing home. I have been a Chemistry/Biology Supplemental Instruction leader ( holds review lectures based off of the main lecture) at my school for the past two years. My current cumulative gpa is 3.68, prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69. I am the president of the Chemistry and physics club at purdue, I am also the VP of the Democratic club there. I have also shadowed a few pharmacist in my area.

I also recieved A in all science classes except physics 1 (B+)

I cant afford to retake pcat.

So am I doomed? :scared::scared:
 
I just want to know if my poor verbal/reading comprehension score will stop me from getting an interview at UIC. Thanks

I took pcat thursday. my scores where:
Verbal 18
R.C. 26
Q.A. 72
Bio 89
Chem 93

Comp 68

I volunteer year round at a YMCA in chicago, I volunteer as a summer camp teacher at salvation army every monday and tuesday from 8-1pm. I work as a sterilization assistant at an oral surgery clinic, Last summer I worked as a CNA at a nursing home. I have been a Chemistry/Biology Supplemental Instruction leader ( holds review lectures based off of the main lecture) at my school for the past two years. My current cumulative gpa is 3.68, prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69. I am the president of the Chemistry and physics club at purdue, I am also the VP of the Democratic club there. I have also shadowed a few pharmacist in my area.

I also recieved A in all science classes except physics 1 (B+)

I cant afford to retake pcat.

So am I doomed? :scared::scared:

I think you should be fine, you have great GPA and extracurricular/work experience and your pcat is about average for a lot of schools so I think you can definitely get an interview!